Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fake Paypal Email???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've got one better than that- I have gotten numerous paypal spoof emails and forwarded them to the [email protected] addy, but last year some freakin jerk in the Netherlands or somewhere like that tried to access my paypal account. Kudos to paypal cause they knew it was BS that I was trying to log in from overseas so they locked down my account. It was frustrating all the hoops I had to jump through to get it going again, but considering the alternative I'm OK with it..LOL
Old 03-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

u can tell its bogus because it has horrible grammar....look for that stuff..
Old 03-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Also, if they do not address you by your name and use something like "Paypal member" then that is another indication.

Another way is to move your cursor over the hypertexted link and it should show at the bottom of your browser screen what the real address is. This is called a redirect.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have gotten these from paypal and ebay.. the way you can teel if there fake, is

log in using any email addy you can think of. and any password you can think of.. if it says your logged on, then you know.. all they do is record your password for later scamming..