Search
Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eman77
You can always post in another forum area asking for help on just that. Pretty simple to do, and it would save you a lot of effort, as you said.
Just figured it out using photobucket.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
A. The people that won't read this thread won't read the rules, so... there's your sign.

B. The original poster must be the same person that complains about the radio or the TV station not playing something they like ALL the time. That is why there is a power button and channel changer on your radio/tv. Don't like the ad, don't buy or look at it. Its pretty easy to tell if the ad has pictures by the little paper clip on the right side of the post.

C. I think the lowballers were addressed in a post a day or so ago. Some people negotiate some don't. Their ad their choice again, don't like it... change the channel. Apparently if you are willing to lowball you are interested enough to make an offer just not a good one. Clearly you know when you are lowballing and when you aren't. 10-20% within the asking price is not a lowball. Unless you are buying multiple items from a seller you shouldn't be offering 50% of asking or you should politely ask if its negotiable not send a ridiculous offer and expect an answer or a nice answer.
To a certain extent I agree, but some people are just wayyy off base with their prices and just in general how they go about conducting business on here.

Also IDK about the majority of sellers, but I always upload my photos via Photobucket so that if I'm listing via multiple sites I only need to upload once. I don't think you get a paperclip if you host via a 3rd party website.

One thing that wasn't mentioned in this particular thread is the constant excuses to bump a thread. I can tolerate a daily "TTT" and maybe a
"PM's replied" within a 24 hour period, but I have literally seen someone incessantly bump their thread a good 8-10 times in a given day. That is just unreal.

And my final rant... ANYONE WHO TYPES IN ALL CAPS AND USES LIKE FOUR THOUSAND COMMAS EXCALAMATION POINTS AND THE LIKE FOR THEIR ENTIRE LISTING (SILVERDRAGON IM TALKING ABOUT YOU!) IT JUST MAKES IT DIFFCULT TO READ AND I'LL JUST IGNORE YOUR LISTING. JUST SAYING...
Old 02-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1212 (100%+)

so report the thread using the warning sign

<-------- its the red and white triangle with the !

while its true if you use photobucket the paper clip isn't there, you can hover over the ad and read the beginning of the ad to get a feel for the ad before opening it.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

awesome post. all true.

if you are giving this guy a bunch of crap for posting it, you really need a new sense of humor. lighten the hell up.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
awesome post. all true.

if you are giving this guy a bunch of crap for posting it, you really need a new sense of humor. lighten the hell up.
+1
Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I'm in total agreement with Dave. A lot of the comments are coming from folks who, relatively speaking, haven't sold much. I have one thing that I especially hate and that's when people ask or even demand to be paid as a gift. Unless you know somebody on the forum that is an unreasonable [stupid] request. As far as prices go, people can ask what they want. Rather than leaving a comment you might want to send a pm. Sometimes people actually don't know what things cost.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 353 (100%+)
Default nice

+1 hope it stays around
Old 02-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default ttt

This is a feeler. No pics, no lowballers, no bling.

JUST, SAYING, THIS, NEEDS, TO, BE, GONE, NOW!!!!!!

TOTAL, KAKASHKA.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rcaddiction;10330045]+1 hope it stays around

You would
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
awesome post. all true.

Agreed. The naysayers are most likely the sellers who have done and still do the stuff the OP is talking about.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I agree with all of them except for the picture one. I don't have a computer an only get on here from my phone. I have tryed a thousand times to figure out how to post pics an it just won't work. I'm sure there are other people on here in the same boat. If someone knows how to do it from a phone I would love to know how. Other than that I agree with everything said in the first post.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supafastsupra2

One thing that wasn't mentioned in this particular thread is the constant excuses to bump a thread. I can tolerate a daily "TTT" and maybe a
"PM's replied" within a 24 hour period, but I have literally seen someone incessantly bump their thread a good 8-10 times in a given day. That is just unreal.
i absolutely hate this. the rules are in place for a reason. the for sale/trade section has a lot of listings. it moves pretty fast. i don't want to see your used traxxas slash wheels and tires bumped up to the top 6 times a day with the obvious BS tactics that some sellers use (pm's answered, price lowered, pics added, etc). the pics added one is one i hate. you get the excuse "i'm posting this from work so i can't post pics, i'll post them when i get home". well guess what einstein? you can either: not post the thread until you get home, or edit the original post and put the pics in there. it's not that hard to follow the rules.

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
so report the thread using the warning sign

<-------- its the red and white triangle with the !

while its true if you use photobucket the paper clip isn't there, you can hover over the ad and read the beginning of the ad to get a feel for the ad before opening it.
i do it all the time. most of the time the seller's thread gets deleted.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeman84
I agree with all of them except for the picture one. I don't have a computer an only get on here from my phone. I have tryed a thousand times to figure out how to post pics an it just won't work. I'm sure there are other people on here in the same boat. If someone knows how to do it from a phone I would love to know how. Other than that I agree with everything said in the first post.
Hideeho
I do it from my iPhone w/ no probs.

get the photobucket app
Take your pic
Start the photobucket & up load your pic
Hit the I button on the pic & copy the HTML link
Come to rctech.net & type your add
Paste the photobucket link somewhere in the add
Voila, you have a pic in your add from your phone

I assume photobucket has apps for other phones (android, blackberry, etc). They should work very similarly.

My gripe is if you do a deal, leave feedback! Good or bad, the world needs to know.

I would suggest leaving the final offered price in the add after it has been marked clearly at the top, in large, bold, colored text as sold. This will give sellers & buyers alike a chance to research what something is worth used.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

double post. sorry.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamie6031
Feller thread?

Is that where Fellers talk about other Fellers? LOL!!!!
my 7th grade woodshop and metal shop teacher's name was mr. feller!
true story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.