Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor Mods.....sleeve's pinched

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brian,
I have all the proof I need. You were VER HAPPY with it all until you blew it up. You then just wanted somone to blame besides yourself.

Sorry to sound rude, but somtimes the truth hurts.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dude, this post proves that you are a complete f$%$king ripoff! If you were here in VA, I would personally shove this engine down your fucking throat you liar! This is just as these parts came back and just as they looked as I opened up the case! Read the emails dumbass! I told you I ran it on our track after three idle tanks and that is when it locked up! You are a fucking liar plain and simple. Scum of the fucking earth who takes peoples money period!! You dont want to do anything about it so just say that you liar! $150 for a piston,sleeve and rod is a whole lot less than what you owe me at this point you scumbag!

What would you have done to fix it?!?!? un pinch it and ruin it some more? You are a total joke of a professional dude! I just hope that this keeps a few more people from having you rip them off!

At this point all I want from you is for you to drop the fuck off the face of the earth you piece of crap!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also, the facxt that I was very happy with your fast shipping and returning the engine to me has nothing to do with how it was when it got here. What kinda freakin straws are you gonna try and grasp at next. Hell, I was happy about a tree growing in my yard too...until it fuckin died! Get a clue dude!!!

You're nothing more than a wanna be hack!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by bigmo_rc10; 12-13-2004 at 01:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brian,
This just goes to show that you want somthing for nothing. If had been nice and/or understanding from the beg. I would have helped you with alot..

Now, after your little temper ( like a 5 yr. old child ) I can no longer help you. You have brought this upon yourself.

You are ticked off now, because I know the truth, which is nothing you have posted.

Have a great day.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

can't we all get along?
Old 12-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I wish it were that easy Bill. I am going to remain calm, due to knowing the real actions behind this issue.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Old 12-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tim, you have no idea how to tell or recognize the truth! You show me one single shred of evidence that what i have posted isn't the truth. You can't! I paid you immediately(in fact even before the work of one) on both engines. And now that there is a problem it's oh well.

Bigmo, this is the point, he was not willing to replace anything. All he was willing to do is to deny any fault and sling the blame my way as if I were some nitro idiot, which is extremely far from the case. This is what has me so upset. I want absolutely nothing that I dont feel is owed me. Which is a working engine. Same as it was before i sent it off.

And the fact that you claim these parts that I posted have been altered in any way from how I received them is just astonishing dude! Shame on you man. Karma will catch up to you on this one
Old 12-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Dont stop......this is good stuff!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brian,
Please explian to ALL OF US how an engine can IDLE for THREE tanks if the SLEEVE IS TO TIGHT. You said it was so tight that you could not even turn it over. Well, how in the **** did you get it to run then...

FYI : Get all your eggs in the same basket, before they hatch.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I just got done breaking in my Sirio EVO2 .12 that I just got back
from Tim. I have got to say he did an awesome job with the crank. I got more low end and higher RPM. Ill be sending you my Mugen X12 to get it ready for the WINTERNATS in FLORIDA.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

It looks like Elway358 took a hammer to that piston
Old 12-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let m tall you something after I look pics. You can belive in my expertise or not-it doesn't chnge anything.
First o all, yes broken pisto is result of pinching and it is not result it was overdone-not-it is Bu....t, just piston material was pretty stress out and then with a new pinch-it just colaps. It is not problem of RR or any other pincher, it is issue of process itself.
When piston is new, it just was casted, heat threated and machined-it is monolit with stable structure. Aftr working for while it is stressing out-so metall gave up.
New piston will not do it. As a sample look for control line team racing engines (airmodeling)-they are diesels and they are much tighter then ours. They dump set when it comes to point when it looks like our brand new. So forget about overpinching, think about pinching itself-wrong idea (it is my point and please don't start bitching about it). You can squize sleeve to the desired point-I saw one racer was squizing sleeve 3 times during one day, but piston will ruin everythign eventualy.
Keep fighting please.
Edward
Old 12-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pinching

Sleeve pinching has been a major part of engine up keep for many years now and has been readily accepted from the mass of drivers from pro’s to back yard bashers. Here are a few things to look forward to what’s going to happen.
When a sleeve is pinched it sets off a chain of events not known to most people, rod ovaling out on the crank pin which will make the pinch point at TDC even worse, crank pin ovaling and pistons shattering and loss of whole engine, even the bearings, parts of the over stressed piston breaks off and rampage through out the engine. At hi rpm your engines can turn up to 720 times per second and something as small as a piece of piston or rod bushing will have an undesired effect on the whole engine. My advice DON’T DO IT. Always replace the piston, sleeve, rod and start over from fresh.
Some people spend more money on a girl friend and taking her out on a date, and as long as you have 8.00 to 15.00 left to have a pinch everything is cool, Far from the truth. Take her out to McDonalds and spend 8.00 – 15.00 on the meal and spend the 150.00 on the new piston, sleeve and rod. You just have to set your priorities straight.
Now let me give you a little trick to get the piston and sleeve back to tolerances. Keep in mind that there is a point to which this will not work and even the sleeve pinch won’t work. If a Piston can be pushed to the top of the sleeve it’s too late for any pinch or piston resize and you will be taking a risk of the unfortunate events described above. If you do have a sleeve pinched make sure to replace the rod after break in. There are times when sleeve pinching can help, when you still have a little pinch and all it takes is a little pinch to set it right, you may achieve a little longer life out of the engine this way.
Find yourself a good pipe cutter and lightly place it over the piston aligning the cutting edge to the oil groves at the top of the piston, Ever so lightly turn the piston and be sure to check the sleeve tolerances to piston for each 2 revolutions. WALA! New piston. Please understand in resizing the sleeve to the piston there is no way to keep it totally round, You get points built up, A resizing fixture you crimp the sleeve every quarter turn which gives you these points and at this time you would have 4, Congratulations! You have just squared your sleeve. The 6 fingered mill chuck is another way and in one pass you have 6 pinch points and then you turn the sleeve just a little and pinch it again, then you have 12 points of pinch. Question is when does it become round again? Never. Then you may have micro cracks in the chrome inner sleeve, no one likes to think about. Try the pipe cutters trick yourself and save the money on the pinch and take your girl friend out to Mickey D’s

Last edited by RickB; 12-12-2004 at 08:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.