Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight 2.0 w/ Tons of EXTRAS

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Thats terrible. Wonder if the guy that bought the O.S. ever received it?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought the radio from him, didn't have any contact after Monday afternoon but I got an email from him this afternoon and said it was his birthday on Wednesday and he was super busy. Included a Delivery Confirmation # so provided that's legit it seems my items are on the way. Hopefully everyone else gets theirs and I'll post back one way or another here about the radio.

EDIT: Seems my DC # is showing up now, shows package was shipped today, scheduled for delivery on Wednesday next week.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by picklz
I bought the radio from him, didn't have any contact after Monday afternoon but I got an email from him this afternoon and said it was his birthday on Wednesday and he was super busy. Included a Delivery Confirmation # so provided that's legit it seems my items are on the way. Hopefully everyone else gets theirs and I'll post back one way or another here about the radio.

EDIT: Seems my DC # is showing up now, shows package was shipped today, scheduled for delivery on Wednesday next week.
I got the same "birthday" excuse. I think we are dealing with one of two things here.

A) a scammer (I hope not )
B) a kid

I would like to think that an adult could take the 30mins (even on their birthday) to make good on shipping something that they had already been paid for...

I haven't gotten any info since the birthday email so I opened a paypal dispute this morning.

Either way... be sure this guy isn't getting good trader feedback from me
Old 04-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by picklz

Not to be a dick... but you only having 1 post is also suspicious that you are just the seller posting as a buyer... saying that you got the items you paid for.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

That's fair and I'd suspect the same thing reading a post from someone with only 1 post - I just decided to get back into the hobby (Bought a TB-03 from my LHS) and hopped on / registered on here to look for some accessories. In any event I hope your right and its just a kid or someone who isn't really on top of shipping things out in a timely manner.

I'd be happy to forward the email I got from him along with the DC # and all that Jazz if it makes anyone feel any better (though it's no guarantee your stuff has been shipped), but you have to handle your transactions how you see fit, If he's a scammer he's doing a good Job of it since he sent me a valid Delivery Conf # of a package shipped the day he said he sent it that has made its way to the state I live in and is scheduled for delivery next week. And note I didn't say I received any items, just that I got word from him that they were shipped.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Well the ordeal is finally over... Thanks to the increased buyer protection of PayPal nowadays I finally got my money back from this scumbag.

Here's a little recap:

After coming to agreement through PM here on RCTech, I paypal'd the seller $375usd for the equipment in the listing as well as $25 for shipping costs.

Upon the transfer of funds, all communication with the seller stopped for nearly a week. After about 5-6 days passed I finally got an email from the seller stating that "it was his birthday and he wanted to celebrate it to it's fullest" or some garbage like that... I have been burned before and warned him that if I did not receive a valid tracking number for the package within 24hrs I would take the necessary actions to get my money back through paypal. More time went by and no tracking number. I even emailed this guy from an alternate email to a listing he posted of these exact items on his local craigslist. I used a friends email to contact him and ask if the stuff was still for sale. He responded and said that yes it was, I should call him and we could meet up locally to take a look at it! You can bet I opened a paypal dispute right then and there!!!

Then the guy emails me and had the audacity to ask why paypal had removed the money from his account! All the time he played like he was the victim in this whole situation. Not once during the dispute did he log into his paypal to respond to any part of the dispute...

Then out of nowhere... the box shows up, some weeks after he had alrady acknowledged that there was a dispute opened regarding the sale.

And what did I find in the box? Not even everything listed in the damn sale The guy tried to stiff me on the starter box and the 5-6 sets of tires!

So at this point I changed the dispute to a "not as described" claim, and returned the box.

I finally today, received my refund.

So beware this guy folks, terrible seller!