Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Spektrum Receivers

I have two Spektrum SR3520 DSM2 3-Channel Micro Race Receiver's. Just bought them for $119 each and can't use them with my DSM1 system.

Never installed, brand new $100 each. $180 if you take both.

UPS 2nd Day Air shipping $10. I take PayPal.

Thanks,
Old 03-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

These are not new. I bought one thinking it would be as advertised and it came wrapped in bubble wrap and show obvious signs of wear. I have been trying to contact the seller since yesterday and he has failed to return any of my emails. Not that Im out that much money but its the principle of the matter.

If this were listed as used but in perfect condition this would be a much different story. I paid $85 since most used ones here sell for $75 which seems reasonable. I have asked the seller to either return it or refund me the difference. I dont think Im being unreasonable I just want expect to get what I paid for.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Receiver

Really? Wow. If you are unsatisfied send it back. I'll give you your money back. I was out at the Cactus all day and did not check my email. Sorry you think I am unresponsive. I sent you an email yesterday asking if everything was ok.

And yes. I did just buy it days earlier. It was essentially brand new. I opened it, tossed the packaging and realized that it wasn't compatible with my transmitter. That's why I could not just take it back to the store.

So I now know that semantics plays a role in posting. It was essentially brand new, removed from the package the same day I posted it for sale. But I guess that is different than "used but in perfect condition". I know this is not Ebay, but if you were to look at my Ebay rating it is 100%. Not a single negative feedback in over 10 years of selling.

Dude. I dont mean to rant, but Really? I paid $119 for it days earlier and sold it to you for $85 including 2 Day Air shipping! I lost my ass on that deal and am kind of insulted. Just send it back... I'll credit your Paypal account as soon as received it back.

Wow...
Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default ...

Oh... And thanks for the -1 feedback without even giving me the courtesy of responding. If it had been a week, maybe. But not hearing from me since yesterday? Really? Nice.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default Wow

Originally Posted by websrfr
Oh... And thanks for the -1 feedback without even giving me the courtesy of responding. If it had been a week, maybe. But not hearing from me since yesterday? Really? Nice.
-1 damn bro this dudes a douche, if you're telling truth and I believe you are.. It's in his car now I'm sure..
Old 03-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

If these are in perfect condition, what are the "obvious signs of wear" he's talking about? Its really hard to tell if its been hooked up but if its dirty and scratched, that would be a sign of wear. If you literally just tried to bind them and can't, they should still be spotless. Is that the case? And I can only imagine you tried one and not the other when you found out they aren't compatible.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default Receiver

There were no "obvious signs of wear". It was literally just taken out of the package.

Thanks for the support.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

You should take this info and contact a moderator. One day is absolutely an unfair time frame to resolve a sale gone supposedly wrong. I've never seen a negative overall feedback trader rating on here before and its unfortunate because I believe you did nothing wrong and also tried to correct it. The guy should follow up with you or else your score should be considered null and void. When all else fails, at least you can leave him negative as well but wait until its resolved. Your the better man in this case. Good luck!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

if it looked beat up and well used he would have took a picture of it and posted it
Old 03-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Nice of you to hide here instead of answering your numerous emails. Mark emailed me all day long at the time of delivery and nothing since. You had my email address and I had yours.

If this were brand new why no package? Why is are there nicks in the case where it appears that you pried it from you car, antenna also shows history of usage as wire usually does.

I tried to contact you multiple times and nothing. I did everything I could to resolve this. I even offered you alternatives.

SCOTTBEAMISH | www.beamish.com

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Scott Beamish <[email protected]> wrote:
If I dont hear from you this afternoon Im going to leave negative feedback on RcTech and Ill start filing a Paypal dispute stating item not as described.

SCOTTBEAMISH www.beamish.com

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Scott Beamish <[email protected]> wrote:
Another used one just posted for $80 which means it wills sell for $75.

We have a few options:
I can return this for a refund
You can refund me $10
Do nothing.
I'm hoping to resolve this like gentleman and come up with an amicable solution that is fair to both of us.

SCOTTBEAMISH www.beamish.com

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Scott Beamish <[email protected]> wrote:
Just to give you an idea. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-receiver.html

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Scott Beamish <[email protected]> wrote:
Mark I just received it today. This is not brand new and has been used. You listed this as brand new and I paid $85 for one in that condition. Used they sell for $65 bucks.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Scott Beamish <[email protected]> wrote:
Ill have to check when I get home. Thanks for checking.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Mark <[email protected]> wrote:
Scott,
I just wanted to follow up and make sure that you got the receiver. Let me know.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by sbeamish; 03-21-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

And yes. I did just buy it days earlier. It was essentially brand new. I opened it, tossed the packaging and realized that it wasn't compatible with my transmitter. That's why I could not just take it back to the store.
Essentially new is not the same as new. That is the whole point. This was mounted in car, powered on, tested, and taken out of a car. At that point it was used and if you would have listed it that way I would have offer you the used amount.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sbeamish
Essentially new is not the same as new. That is the whole point. This was mounted in car, powered on, tested, and taken out of a car. At that point it was used and if you would have listed it that way I would have offer you the used amount.
If this is the case Sbeamish is right IMO. Its not new if it was installed and removed.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

I agree, falsely advertised. However, you gave the guy one day to respond before leaving negative feedback. That's very short. People don't live in front of the computer the way we do our telephones. You got to give him more time to make it right before totally bashing him. But if it were to go the way he suggested which is to return the Rx for a refund, I feel it deserves a neutral rating as he falsely represented his product, wasting your time, but also submitted a refund meaning he tried to make it right. But that's if it goes that way. If there is a way to retract the rating, I would attempt to do so and file it again when the score is settled.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Receiver.

Scott,
First off, your right. By mistake I sent you the one that I had put in my car, tested and pulled. I actually meant to send you the one that was simply removed from the package. That was my fault. However I still do not appreciate the negative feedback within such a short time period of trying to contact me. Your email thread below does show several emails to me but all were sent between 6:00pm on one day to noon the next. That's less than 24 hours. I am very reasonable and would have made every effort to rectify. I will still do so. I can do one of the following.

1) Send me back the receiver and I will credit you back the full amount (you pay shipping since I already paid for the original 2nd day shipping).

2) Send me back the receiver and I will send you the other receiver that was NOT installed/uninstalled.

3) I can credit you $10 as you suggested in your email.

4) Do nothing as we both made mistakes.

Let me know what you want to do and I will take care of it. Also please use the email address that we corresponded with on Saturday (********@cox.net) because I rarely check the other one you used.

Thanks,
Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Lets just look at the facts. Your original listing states new never installed. Come to find out by your own admission that it has been installed in the car. My feedback is neither harsh nor unwarranted. It is completely accurate.

You could have easily contacted me to resolve this on 3/18 instead of posting to this thread. If you started with your last post I would have retracted all my comments with a sincere apology and this would have been a simple miscommunication. You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

I dont conduct business like this. I represent my items in the most accurate way possible and if there is a problem I do my best to contact the person proactively to resolve the issue.

Lessons learned:
  1. Never buy from a new seller with 0 feedback
  2. Never buy a product without a picture
  3. Never buy anything from RcTech as a gift and always use paypal invoicing so both parties are covered under buyer/seller protection.

Really? You really are a piece of work. If you would of had the patience of 2 year old and waited for me to respond to your email and not post on the forum bashing me then I wouldn’t of HAD to “defend” myself. By the way that is what defend means. It’s a response to an offensive. You can look it it up in the dictionary that you obviously need to purchase with the $10 that you are so intent on getting. I will refund you the $10 today.
After this flaming email you can keep your $10...I would rather spend that $10 on your negative feedback.

Good day sir.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.