Search

Kyosho Kanai III - FT - Revo's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile Kyosho Kanai III - FT - Revo's?

Trades?

I only work with people willing to send there stuff to me first, Once I receive my box yours goes just as soon as I can get it to the post office. I have great feedback from guys on here and am not looking to screw anybody. I have 100% feedback on feebay too. trader_north.

My ADD has kicked into full gear and its time for me to rip something else apart and rebuild it. This is the only reason why I am unloading this buggy.

Sorry to babble on below I just like for people to know exactly what they are getting.

Kyosho Kanai 3. A close friend of mine bought this brand new a few years back, and I got it off of him fall of last year. 2 owners. All the Bearings in the car, and diffs were rebuilt less than a gallon ago. The diffs are setup 7000 in the center - 3000 in the front - 1000 in the rear. The Kanai has a Paris Modified Novarossi Top P5 with a nice JP2 Pipe and 1 piece engine mount. It has the Go tech .21 coated crank, R7 Rod, and Pro-Tek Ceramic Bearings Front and Rear. It is a killer eninge. I do have ceramics in the clutch bell as well... The clutch shoes are Dynamite Max Life Shoes just replaced when I rebuilt the engine. I still have the original crank and rod. They are warn but I had a conversation with Rick at RB and he said he could true the pin up and replace the bushing in the connecting rod, I forget how much but not a lot. Would be a great backup. It's the original Paris Modded Crank too. The sleeve is the Paris Sleeve, I sent this to Ray over at rayaracing.com and he worked his magic on the piston/sleeve. The motor and the new internals have about 2.5 "quarts" (Or whatever 17 tanks of fuel turns out to be)of fuel so its ready to rip it up. The connecting rod and crank are still meshed perfectly. regarding Break-In I used the heat on it, fired it up, drop it on the ground and run it to full temp up until 15 minutes then shut it down, let it cool down. Never jerking the throttle either very smooth. Then I did a half dozen 5-6 minute runtimes again in circles-figure 8's up to temp. I ran 3 tanks after that at half throttle. Then a couple tanks half throttle with full throttle blips. I did not actually start leaning it out and going WOT for more than 3-4 seconds until 14 tanks of fuel. I broke it in with an MC9 never failed but once I leaned it out a little I ran the O.S. 8, it responds well to the O.S.8. FYI.

The paint job was done by a friend of mine it came out real nice (my buddy I got the kanai from). minor scratches hear and there if that. The front of the body, in front of the body post hole has a slight hairline crack in it, but its still solid as I used tape super glue to sure it up so it will not crack anymore.

The servo's are a JR Z650 Throttle Servo, and a KO PROPO PS-2174 FET steering servo, nice servo I really like the KO. This has 166.6 OZ of torque. The servo tray, center mount plate and front plate are carbon fiber. It has the aluminum chassis supports as well.. I forget who made them...

A set of panthers on wabash wheels, on yellow rims, Decent Shape. I have quite a few parts for it too some new some used. Suspension arms, engine mounts, springs etc...

You'll need rx, tx, batt, bumpbox, glow ignoter, and fuel for this guy. The rest of its there...

I have the Kanai III Manual too.

Some video of the Kanai3 about a couple weeks ago, on tank 16. It was fat still, but leaned it out on the next tank. The hottest its seen is 226. I have run one tank shortly after the video, and it has sat up on a bookshelf in my office ever since.

Thanks for looking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICuz-Gve758

Pics ( I have pics of internals after 9 tanks too, was checking things out):

PM me or shoot me an email [email protected]

Last edited by traxxasjunky; 05-05-2010 at 05:46 AM. Reason: description
Old 04-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

The Tags on top of the bin are the New internal P5 parts, the parts that go with it are all in the bin, manual, paris crank and rod mentioned above (plastic bin Not Included):

Last edited by traxxasjunky; 04-20-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

PM's/Emails Replied too...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

PM's/Emails Replied to....
Old 04-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Bump.....
Old 04-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Still up for grabs.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

TTT............
Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

Man someone out there must be in need of a race buggy? Throw something at me. I am all ears don't be shy ha ha....
Old 04-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

TTT
Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Ok. How about as a roller? I would be more than happy to keep the engine.

I just though someone would like this setup for the track...
Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

ttt
Old 04-30-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

TGIF!

TTT....
Old 04-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

nice car, I used to run a K3 with a P5 back in the day.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by badassrevo
nice car, I used to run a K3 with a P5 back in the day.

Thanks man I appreciate that. I like to kick it a bit old school. Especially the Kyosho buggies. I had both the SP2 and this guy, and I really like the way the K3 handles.

I was going to just leave it up on the shelf. Its just killing me to see it up there because I have completely gone through the entire buggy and spent some $$$$ rebuilding that engine. IMO there isn't a more suitable engine for that buggy than that Paris Modded P5. They were born to be together lol...

So I thought I would offer it up to RCTech in trade for some things I could beat the smack out of and not cringe everytime it cartwheels or something fearing it will end up against a tree or well head in my yard and in a million pieces ha ha.

It needs a track and being so pressed for time lately its a stretch for me to get there.... I bet it would be a very competitive buggy even today.

Thanks again for the compliments I really appreciate it. Put so much time into it.

JD
Old 04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

PM's Replied too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.