Wiki Posts
Search

complaining about people

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default complaining about people

POST THE PICTURE ON THE THREAD, please dont make people ask, and wait, to me that is very rude

Last edited by gpd123; 04-10-2004 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

well... how would you like to buy a Nitro car and when you get it there are broken parts and it was never cleaned and there are parts missing? On battery packs...how would you like to get a battery pack where all the shrink wrap is melted off? It is common sense to ask for pictures of the product before you buy it.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

People just want to see pics to verify that you actually have the product. Just to ensure that you reduce the chances of getting ripped off.

Also, since a picture is worth a thousand words, seeing a pic might get the juices going on a product to help you sell the product right away.

It's just more tangible that way.

So I will kindly disagree. People just like to see products and the condition they are in.

Why for instance would anyone show pictures in any kind of advertising? People like to see pictures. Just look in ebay - don't you think the products that get high bids are the ones with pics? I don't think it would matter if it's a $5 item or a $500 item.

Why would grocery stores show pictures of apples or mac and cheese? Don't we know what they look like? Do they consider us stupid for putting pictures of apples or milk or oranges?

In order to help with a sale, I think pics are almost a necessity. If you choose not to post pics or provide pics, that puts sellers behind other sellers who take the time to help the buyer.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

on some items, such as cars your right, but for most things, and most cases, it is not necessary.. ie: motors, batteries, new tires, pretty much everything
Old 04-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Then it is YOU that is making the value judgement on what is appropriate to post pics of. Just because you don't think a pic of a motor is needed, doesn't mean other people don't want to see it. What impression are you giving if you don't want to send pics to people? They might pass you and go to someone who is courteous and answers their questions.

A young hobbyist concerned about every purchase because he/she carefully saves his/her money and doesn't want to get ripped off should be commended for TRYING to make a careful purchase.

Besides, sending pics avoids confusion. What if there was some miscommunication and your name as a seller got blasted on this forum? Better to avoid this with a simple pic.

There are two sides to every story, and the truth is somewhere in between.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Mike.... would you list some used packs on here, and list the condition as well take care of, excellent condition packs, when you have a bunch of burned up packs, ready for the dumpster ? if someone lists packs that are well maintained packs, you are taking their word for it anyway you look at it.. if they have a junk pack and are just trying to rip someone off, there must be 7000000000000 pictures of anything you want to see online, that they could send you, and it may not even be the stuff they have.. so if they are going to rip you off, they are going to rip you off, and that is all there is to that.. For instance, there was a thread on here within the last few months for a turbo dyno 45.. why would some 13-17 year old kid need to see a picture of that ? I mean other than to waste the persons time that is selling it ? why if someone says they have a new in the box B4 would you want to see an unopened box, that you have seen a 1000 times ? if you would like proof, I will post anything you can imagine for sale, and I will bet that i can have a picture of it within about a minute... so I ask again, what good does 500 people asking for a picture really do ?
Old 04-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default pics

OK, I've got a like new, nearly scratchless, Novarossi .12 engine that I polished the top of the head on because I didn't like the purple. Only a few gallons on it. It looks great and comes with a slightly used in offroad 6 cell matched pack that I custom wired with extra thick gobs of solder and special custom connector. I bought this stuff on ebay and decided not to use it. I have pics but since you all know what it looks like I won't post them. Just send me the payment!

How does that sound???

Pics are INVALUABLE!!

Old 04-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

I WILL NOT buy anything I cannot see a picture of first, ANYTHING. Especially batteries, if they are beaten up and have been drug around on the track, I want to know BEFORE I spend MY money. Just trying to give you the perspective of a typical buyer out here.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

your missing the point.. your adding circumstances that would make having a picture neccessary..
Old 04-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just hate when people ask you to sell them a product that costs 500 new and you are selling it for 200 but yet they ask "will you take $10?" Are they on crack, oh wait I'll just support there hobby seeing how I'm selling out...lol

But aways....yes I like the "send pics please" and never get an answer back.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

What is so hard about sending pics if you have them, or access to providing them? I dont see a problem. So what if a kid wants to see a battery pack. Its human nature to actually see what you are spending your money on..........especially if its used.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

ok now that the juices are flowing... here is the POINT to all of this.. just a little test to see how many people, feel that the general public is stupid.. HOW DOES ALL OF THIS GET RESOLVED ? POST A PIC WHEN YOU POST THE THREAD, isnt posting one pic or 2 or 3 pics easier than sending 50 people all seperate emails with pics ?
Old 04-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default pics

Sure there are a few instances where a picture is not necessary but in most cases it helps to legitimize the sale. You just always have to follow the typical guidelines of getting a verifiable home and work phone number, if it's a kid you can speak to the parents etc. etc.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Now thats a good point! I always wonder why people put ads in that say "email for pics", when all they have to do is add an attachment to their ad.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

I agree on the post pictures with the listings thing. I always check on the person I am dealing with, no good feedback probably no deal. But I do stand by the fact that if I can't see the product I ain't buyin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.