Search

Aluminum Rb5/ Rt5 bulkheads and steering racks

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Where the ego's are so big, people's heads can't fit in the door
Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbr74
With as many rave reviews as these have received I was expecting to be quite pleased with the quality. Sadly, I am unimpressed. The mill work is rushed, the parts are asymmetrical, and the finish is dented and dinged. This is B- work at best.
so instead of pm'ing me with any issues you may have, you decided to basically bash me and my work in my own thread? nice.

first of all, the millwork is far from rushed, we make all of our parts on a standard bridgeport mill, not a cnc so nothing is all smooth and nice like you would find on fleabay... the finish should not be dented and dinged, at most the parts may be filed at the corners since in the 1st batch someone complained that the parts were too sharp, so i make sure i round all corners, etc. and the parts are a 100% carbon copy of the originals. so if your not impressed then send em back, i'll refund your $$, and you can pretty much have a nice day. out of the 300+ items i've sold on here i've never had an unhappy customer... ever.

find a machinist and have him make you one for what i charge, but make sure they do it be hand the slow way and let me know how that works out for you

Last edited by chedda bob; 04-03-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Opinions are like --we all know how that goes.. I put a set in my cars a year ago, and they are still working today..If that is not impressive enough then maybe you just cant be pleased...I know I am--- Thanks again "Chedda"
thanks D, one of my many, many repeat customers
Old 04-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Last edited by cbr74; 04-04-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

if you just going to sit here and bash me then send em back and call it a day. i have many more people that would be happy to take these off my hands.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

I posted pics, I don't see how that can be construed as bashing.

Here's a couple more after I gave one of them a little massaging with a sanding drum.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

why do you feel it's necessary to radius the edge's as well as put the arc on the top? none of that stuff conflicts w/ use of the rack. we designed the rack the way we did to keep as much weight in it as possible, since 95% of the kyosho guys put a 1/2-1oz of weight under the rack anyways.

and i apologize, as the bulkheads are 100% identical. again the racks are the way they are to keep the weight there. your honestly the only guy to ever complain about anything i make... ever.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

The material I removed amounts to less than a gram of weight and it's still twice as heavy as the stock piece. Besides the difference is a measly 2 grams which is basically negligible.

I did the radius and the arc for the same reason that I'm polishing it... purely aesthetic. I haven't felt the need to add any weight to my truck anywhere. My truck is so dialed in that guys already accuse me of cheating because they can't even stay on the lead lap with me through a 5 minute heat. (in stock class no less)

I also apologize. My standards are sometimes unreasonably high. While I maintain that the finish was personally disappointing, I will grant you that the tolerances in regards to the critical measurements are within a range that I cannot detect any variation with my digital calipers.

So... no, I will not be sending them back because once I'm done with a little grinding, sanding, and buffing, I will be happy with the finished product.

Cool?
Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cbr74
The material I removed amounts to less than a gram of weight and it's still twice as heavy as the stock piece. Besides the difference is a measly 2 grams which is basically negligible.

I did the radius and the arc for the same reason that I'm polishing it... purely aesthetic. I haven't felt the need to add any weight to my truck anywhere. My truck is so dialed in that guys already accuse me of cheating because they can't even stay on the lead lap with me through a 5 minute heat. (in stock class no less)

I also apologize. My standards are sometimes unreasonably high. While I maintain that the finish was personally disappointing, I will grant you that the tolerances in regards to the critical measurements are within a range that I cannot detect any variation with my digital calipers.

So... no, I will not be sending them back because once I'm done with a little grinding, sanding, and buffing, I will be happy with the finished product.

Cool?
Fair enough, enjoy them bud.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cbr74~ nice polish job, those look awesome. i just checked one of our parts w/ an indicator and gage pins, the bearing hole and ballstud hole on one side is .356 center to center, the other side is .3555... so it's .0005 out of central. so that would be a 1/2 thousandths. forgive me.

the areas that your complaining about are clearance. for $16 were not going to throw new endmills in for clearance and a perfect finish, sorry. but, thanks to your nice clear pics (good job btw) you can clearly see the bearing holes are next to perfect and they are the only thing that even matter.

none of this is to try and get anyone's feathers ruffled or anything, simply trying to explain why we do things the way we do. we take great pride in what we make and again, till this day do not have an unhappy customer, we go out of our way at times to make our customers happy...

thank you for purchasing our products. and again if you have any questions please let me or Chedda bob know.

~John
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

I think you missed what it is that I said. I have no issue whatsoever with the tolerances. I can't even measure .0005" with the tools I have so they seem perfect to me. The hole size and placement are spot on.

Take care.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

bulkheads in stock!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

After some 2000 grit and some Mother's:

The pictures don't quite do it justice, it's even nicer in person.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

I did the other one with out the arch, can't decide which I like better.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think for the $$ Chedda Bob is asking for these, you are getting a deal! If you have the extra time on your hands to do a show car finish, great! The fact is most people know what it takes to do this kind of work by hand and are willing to run like shipped, seeing how it is on an off road car. I used to build rock crawler chassis to sell and there was always that one in the crowd who could do better, until they realized the effort it took to turn out the product I did. HERE'S TO YOU BOB! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU DO, I MIGHT NEED A SET MYSELF SOON!
And good on CBR for manning up with the apology for bashing his finish.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Installed:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.