Wiki Posts
Search

Nearly Ready To Race - Nitro TC3 with BMI and The Fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Nearly Ready To Race - Nitro TC3 with BMI and The Fix

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190317576526

Nitro TC-3 with mods and Mugen MT-12 motor. Pretty much "Ready to Race" - NO RECEIVER or RADIO/CONTROLLER!!!

I'm parting with my beloved NTC3, which has been modified for racing. I added a BMI chassis, which is the stiffest, most robust chassis on the market. It's pretty danged near un-tweakable. It simplifies the install, gives a much better steering geometry, and holds the car in alignment better than anything else out there. I also added "The Fix" which solves one of the only weak points on the car - which is how the shock towers were held to the car - with "The Fix", the shock towers are held SOLIDLY to the chassis, with a long screw that comes up through the chassis and trans case, and a long "nut" that ties the shock tower to that long screw. Simple fix, but amazingly effective.

This car does come with the Gen 1 rear arms - I preferred that setup. It's simpler, and it uses components from the front suspension so I didn't have to stock a lot more parts. The only problem was using the "steering" arms on the rear to do toe adjustments - a bump would cause the ball cups to slide on the tie-rod. Again - there was a very simple fix, that kept the incredibly easy adjustment, and made the whole system very solid. From "The Fix", I got nuts (both forward and reverse threaded) that lock the ball-cups in place and make the system extremely durable.

I also installed "lockers" - little set screws on all the arms that help keep your adjustments locked in. On the motor I added a Crazynut head - it's way over-sized and literally drops the motor temps 10+ degrees, meaning you can lean it out a little bit more - but mostly it means that the motor is going to last longer!

All of my mods were made to increase the reliability and durability of the car. It's plenty fast on its own, but "you must first finish in order to finish first" and this car can do both!

This car does NOT come with receiver or controller! You will need to supply those!

Car comes with:

BMI chassis
Mugen MT-12 motor (used, but still has plenty of life left in it!)
Crazynut Racing head (drops motor temps 10 degrees! at least!)
"The Fix" - Shock tower reinforcement and rear-toe lock-nuts
Airtronics 737 servo
HiTec HS-525MG servo
Flat-pack 5-cell battery
Stock 2-speed clutch and tranny
2 Ball-diffs (installed) plus one-way (not installed - didn't fit my driving style)
Full set of rear wire-sway-bars (thin, med, thick) (thin installed)
Blade front sway bar (adjustable)
Air filter (not in the pictures. . .DOH!)

Springs - pairs (Green-12lb, Silver-14.5lb, 2xBlue-17lb, Gold-19.5, Copper-25lb, Yellow-35lb, White-40lb)
(White and Blue installed on car)

Set of foam tires
2 sets of rubber tires (used, but should still have at least some practice on them)

Starter box with battery - you'll want to adjust it to your taste. Nobody liked the way I used it. . .not surprising!
Old glow plug starter (works, but doesn't hold a charge for long)
Glow plug wrench
Fuel bottle (empty of course! LOL)
Few other goodies.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Old 06-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

little bump