Wiki Posts
Search

MaxPower .12 SL3 engine "VERY FAST ENGINE"

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default MaxPower .12 SL3 engine "VERY FAST ENGINE"

Looking to sell one of my fastest .12 engines. The engine has been taken care of very well, If you are looking for a fast engine, this would be the one your looking for. It is race ready and has always been treated with after run oil. Some information on this engine. When breaking in the engine, it liked to run hot, yes, HOT. It was nothing to see it at 300deg for the first half gallon and I thought the engine wouldn't last. At the Nationals this year, Maxy talked to me about it and he gave me a couple tips on things to try. After running it some more, the temps dropped to the 220-230 range and the motor pulls like no other one that I have ever had. It is a "balistic missle" on the track. Another thing about the engine is that it pulls the tallest gears 17/58 23/53 on the NT1....and the best thing about this engine is that when we ran our last state race at Kissimmee, the engine had no problems getting 5min 45 during the mains..(finnished 3rd overall) Whoever buys this engine, I will tell you how long it will run on a tank, because nobody will believe it if I posted it here. I have replaced the rod and bearings in the engine as it was at the 2 gallon mark and the motor has just broke in, it still has pinch at TDC without a plug. The engine has been ran on 25% GenII Byrons fuel.
I am asking $200 shipped within the US.