Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE, some ebay sellers will make you wait 21 days before shipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default BEWARE, some ebay sellers will make you wait 21 days before shipping

has anyone come across this ? i bought quite a few things on the bay and 4 of the sellers held my purchased items for 21 days, this is due to a new ebay/paypal policy that on some purchases/sales youre funds will be on hold until the item gets delivered and the seller gets positive feedback for it or for 21 days. this policy was to ensure the buyer wont get screwed and not for the seller to hold the item for the 21 day period wich is in violation of ebay and paypal policy. many sellers are doing it , here is an example:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmeandmoe
Old 10-01-2008, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racinglosi
has anyone come across this ? i bought quite a few things on the bay and 4 of the sellers held my purchased items for 21 days, this is due to a new ebay/paypal policy that on some purchases/sales youre funds will be on hold until the item gets delivered and the seller gets positive feedback for it or for 21 days. this policy was to ensure the buyer wont get screwed and not for the seller to hold the item for the 21 day period wich is in violation of ebay and paypal policy. many sellers are doing it and not posting about it on their seller "terms" . sellers should not be doing this , here is an example :
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmeandmoe
Well try it from the seller's side. I just sold something on Ebay, only to have my funds held. Now I fronted the shipping. Do I get paid interest on the money?
It's abitary, PayPal and Ebay are full of it. Sold 3 other items on ebay the same month without a single hold and I meet the requirements for not having holds put on my sales

Don't want the hold, offer to send a money order.

Next time I sell something on Ebay, Money order or your item ships when I get paid.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

With all of of Ebay's new policies I think they will take a serious hit in sales. I know that if I choose to sell anything else on Ebay the only playment option I'm taking is Postal Money Order.

Now would be a good time for someone to start a new online auction company to give them a lil competition.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i had payments held from ebay sales myself but shipped right away so i can have my cash as soon as possible, its a pretty big inconvenience specially if you need the cash since its the reason why most of us sell on the bay , but its not right to make the buyer wait because its not their fault that ebay and paypal have this policy. all i was trying to say is that its wrong to hold someones item for 21 days . i had to wait over a month for some of my items to get here and its pretty dang inconvenient especially since i needed them to race.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Well I look at it from the other side of the fence. I mainly buy things on ebay and I hate when I pay the seller within hours (sometimes minutes)of the auction close and the seller doesn't ship my item for two weeks. The way I see it "If I pay in a timely fashion the shipper should ship the item in a timely fashionUnless the seller states that item will not ship for 2 or more weeks up front." But I do feel the seller's pain. I also believe the seller should post positive feedback once the item is paid. "Once I've paid for an item; I have met my obligation 100%". The seller should not hold positive back until I have left him positive feedback. Of the few items I have sold on ebay I always leave positive back as soon as I receive payment. But If I ever got burned on ebay I may have a different perspective.

Last edited by lil-bump; 10-01-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

Yeah I dont agree with the holding of my items for 21 days crap.. I pay fast i want it shipped the same. I sold on ebay a few weeks ago and they held my money like that and i refunded it and told the guy look heres my paypal info, just write in the box whats its for and we're all good.. he did and I got paid instantly... I sell on ebay because i need quick cash because I HAVE NONE, now I have to figure out a way to get money to ship and then have to wait to still get my money,, helllll noooooo... SO
If you want your money now put in your auctions for the buyer not to use the PAY NOW button,,, post your paypal info and tell then to pay it that way and not mark the box in the paypal payment EBAY ITEM or itll do the same crap still!!!.. simple!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you want to sell on ebay, and accept paypal, it means you agree to the rules, I also expect my item to ship by the next day or two, I pay as soon as the auction ends. It may not be right for the ebay to do this, but too many bad sellers have caused this to happen, most power sellers are the problem, they have built up enough feedback to know they will never be thrown off by too many negatives they now do not care what they sell or when they ship. rcwaffle is a example of that. That is really why I try to locate items on this board from honest people when I am shopping for a used item, Most of the time it is more reasonable both price and shipping. anyhow sorry for going on, and there may be some spelling mistakes, fingers get going way faster than the brain, some problem happens when I race.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Buy from your LHS and neither you nor them have to wait!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

The new policy has been in effect since the beginnig of the year. eBay has made it harder for sellers. They have also changed the fee structure last month and the final value fees are up again! I hope there's another auction site that can someday match eBay for volume.

Here's an article about that 21-day hold policy. It's supposed to apply to certain auctions.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

hey losi the example you gave is a guy from londonderry NH that's about 5 minutes from my house i'll just go there and pick it up! LOL
Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Buy from your LHS and neither you nor them have to wait!
And pay twice as much for the item
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racersnow
i must be lucky then...
if i tell him something is a certain price on tower or another site, he'll match it for me.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racersnow
Go see if E-bay/Pay-pal will let you run on thier track!

Most of the time with shipping the item only cost you a few bucks more at the LHS!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have over 100 transactions on ebay - mostly purchases. 90% of those purchases are for 50% of the cost at LHS. I have never had the problems that your talking about on here. I always pay via paypal immediately, and really enjoy shoping there. If the cost is within a couple of bucks of the LHS, then I will always go and pick it up at the HS.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ebay an Paypal are making rules that are only good for the scam artist on both sides of the fence. It wouldnt surprise me if they are now owned/funded by some LARGE fundimental group intent on deciet and trechery. it further wouldnt shock me to hear they are funneling money into some terrorist orginazation.

Seems like the last 3 to 5 yrs, Both ebay and Paypal have made rules that only benefit their bottom dollar, and those that seek to screw other folks.

I hope they both crash and fold with the Stockmarket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.