Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
FS/FT Vintage Kyosho Hydrojet, Great Condition, Pics and Video Inside! >

FS/FT Vintage Kyosho Hydrojet, Great Condition, Pics and Video Inside!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FS/FT Vintage Kyosho Hydrojet, Great Condition, Pics and Video Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking FS/FT Vintage Kyosho Hydrojet, Great Condition, Pics and Video Inside!

What I have for sale is a Like new condition Vintage Kyosho Hydrojet speed boat in very excellent shape outside and running, as you will see with the attached link to the video.

If you dont like my price, shoot me a offer, I may be high as a kite on my drugs for my back, and my head, in a really good mood, or seen something I really want bad, and take you up on it :O
No unreasonable offer, offer/trade will be refused!

Has excellent compression and has a Kyosho GT16S motor installed. The only things wrong with it is it needs more time adjusting the carb, I have the high end set pretty good, I think, may take it out one more time to be sure, not to mention I want to play more anyway, but idle and low end will need to be adjusted, due to my health conditions and not able to bend over and get around I couldnt do much with it so you will have to, and the back fin was broken when I got it and I fixed it and attached a close up of the repair done. Other then that its a super boat. Paint job is pretty good, some minor chips on the bottom of the boat, nothing bad I can say about the top, hell the boat is 13 years old, and its very clean. Motor is very clean aside of some fuel residue on the muffler it looks like the day it was new, has super tight compression, and even the rope for the pull start is still white!

And if you dont know anything about Kyosho Nitro motors, once you get it tuned right, thats it, they run and last for ever with little to no more having to mess with them. I know, I own, and had a butt load of Kyosho Nitro Powered trucks from .12 to .21 and they all run great, and the boat does as well. Not one time shooting the video, and 2 tanks run through it, did the engine die out or act funky. It ran beautifully, as you will hear in the video link below.

Will come with a Futabba Attack R 2 stick Radio, Futabba Receiver, I believe thats what it was before I stuck a new balloon over it. Boat stand, and I even have the original manual, and just found the motor manual as well for it! But I can tell you what it has and looks like till Im blue in the face so bellow is some links to pictures of the actual boat, and a 3 minute long video of it hauling butt, and kicking up a wicked tail behind it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. At the moment the only things Im looking for in trade is a Losi LST, the first one not #2, a Kyosho Giga Crusher with a .28 or dual .26's, cashola, or other Deep Vee Nitro/gas Boats as partial, or full trade depending on what they are. Only electric boat I would be interested in is the Brushless AquaCraft Super Vee 27. Thats it for now Im afraid.

And now what you been waiting for, the video. 3 minutes long, was as long as my sons camera takes in one shot, used little over 1/4 tank of gas, and was full throttle the whole time out as you can hear First 30 seconds is kinda shaky but he does get better at holding the camera still. Some good close to shore shots in there too.
Click me for the video

Because its vintage dont let it stop you thinking you cant get parts, YOU CAN!

I stuck in a bunch of the part numbers off the back of the manual and they still come up as in stock, great thing about Kyosho is they love to reuse the same parts for many years on different models, this one was no different, heck, they even still sell the wing if you ever wanted to replace it. Have a look see, if you dont like my repair on the wing, a new one can still be bought for it And thats the wing, on a boat, thats over 14 years old mind you, and it can still be bought, try that with most other brands.

You can even still buy the motor to this day for it! Dont wait and just look at it, buy it, collect it, run it! If craving attention is what you want, this is the boat! Will be the only one of its kind at your local RC pond/lake, and is sure to catch a eye or two with the its looks for sure! May be very old boat, but unlike other brands, this one still has parts that can be bought for it so you can still have fun, while people look at you like your nuts thinking "if it breaks he's screwed, why the heck is he running it, needs to be on the shelf?!?!?!"

The unit all its contents will be professionally packed. US only however on this one due to how fragile it is, but dont you worry, I KNOW HOW TO PACK! I use packing supplies, and pack very well, she will show up in one piece!

Asking around $275 considering the condition, and how rare it is to even find one of these still. Going to try tuning it more. Every time I watch the video I swear it can go faster, the engine just doesnt sound as though its hitting its max rpm in the water so I will post new video up of it if it goes even faster
Old 08-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Feel free to make any reasonable offer.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default TRADE?

Wouldn't wanna trade for a Traxxas Stampede, nitro, in exellent condition?