Wiki Posts
Search

FS: Kyosho TF-5 Stallion SD $250 w/parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default FS: Kyosho TF-5 Stallion SD $250 w/parts

For sale here is the current TF-5 shaft drive touring car from Kyosho. It is in like new condition, with just six battery packs run through it. I recently purchased it from another RCTech user just a few weeks ago.

I tried it with a big brushed modified motor and found the torque roll a bit too upsetting to the handling. I'm sure the car is calm and fast in 19T & Stock motor racing, as I've seen first hand proof at my local track. Kyosho's plastic is super durable. Some people say it's too sloppy, but it DOES NOT break, so that's a fair trade-off. The steering arrangement is badass! The ackerman adjustment actually makes a noticeble difference. The suspension is really easy to work on, as you don't have to take 3 different things apart just to alter one other aspect of it. The shocks are on par with Losi & Tamiya. And finally, there's no wierd modifications neccessary to get the car around the track. It's tried and true design. There are many things I like about this car (which is why I bought it), but I've never been able to drive a shaft-drive touring car with big modifieds since the dawn of the TC3 (which I couldn't drive either).

Included with the car are a bunch of extra parts, some brand new, others in like new condition, along with the handy dandy Plano drawer. You'll want to buy an assortment of springs for whatever type of surface you're using the car on, as it only comes with the kit springs. I was using Losi springs which are nice and short, great for carpet racing, requiring no changes to the length of the shock ends. The car does have a front diff, multiple diff outdrives (metal & plastic), along with a bunch of random diff components. I mounted the rear shock tower inboard for no other reason than to centralize weight, and it was a direct bolt-on mod, no dremel needed!

$250 w/ free ground shipping within the continental US via USPS. Paypal, M.O. or NIB Noval BL 4.5 accepted. Please feel free to PM me with questions. I usually check here every night (EST). I don't have any feedback here on RCTech, but I've bought a few things from other users and I race at Horsham in PA with the likes of Cuffs and Shreffler.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Kyosho TF-5 Stallion SD 0 w/parts-im000102b.jpg   FS: Kyosho TF-5 Stallion SD 0 w/parts-im000103b.jpg  
Old 09-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

SOLD, thanks Snide! (who BTW paid very fast and communicated mucho well-o)
Old 09-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Right back at ya! You are the man. Thanks for everything!