Wiki Posts
Search

Brand New HPI Super 5SC Flux

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Brand New HPI Super 5SC Flux

OK guys I have had this truck since they first came out. My original intent with this truck was to race a 5th scale class in 2012 and added the needed hop ups to make it ready to roll, Then life got in the way and without even a single run the truck was put away. I got it out of storage the other day and and thought I should use it, and I might still, if no one is interested but with HPI now kind defunct and the truck being so pristine I think it is more of a collectors item. Anyway as I said the truck did receive upgrades fresh out of the box and these are all brand new with zero run time as well. The stock electronics were notorious for burning out so they were taken out and replaced with a Castle Creations 1520 1600kV motor paired with a Castle XLX 1/5 scale ESC so that the electronics were never going to be an issue again. The stock steering servo was junk so it was replaced with a Hitec 7954. The rear hub carriers were notorious for breaking on the savage and 5Sc so those were replaced with the popular aluminum upright upgrade. The stock radio gear was tossed to use my own radio gear. The mounting of the 1520 motor required some very minimal grinding of the Right chassis TVP and the install of and RC Monster Motor mount. Everything else on the truck is stock and I still have the original box an paperwork. I have all the stock takeoff parts except the stock radio gear and steering servo and stock motor and ESC. Other than a bit of dust the truck is mint with no run time. I think I had about $1400 in this setup. I would let this go for the original price of the truck which $999.99 plus actual shipping cost to your location. In its condition, I think it will be worth money to collectors for sometime. As you can see from the pictures there is no use, no scratches, no tire wear, just a bit of dust from sitting on the shelf. Only thing not picture is the original box, because it is currently in the attic but will be included. Don't waste my time with your thoughts on if it is worth it or not because I don't really care and I don't really need to sell it, I just kind of would like to make some space in the RC room.

Last edited by dominator79; 01-17-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Bump for Pictures