Wiki Posts
Search

custom charger wraps...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmintimidator
So the face is still stuck to the original and not like a replacement.

Ok, well I am still trying to decide what I want, although my GFX should arrive tomorrow
No...when you open up a T35/GFX the faceplate is on top of a black plastic like material. So your could take off the GFX "faceplate" and replace it with one from Fine Line Designs. The original one would be taken out.

If I have time tonight I will take pics to better explain everything. But the new face would replace the old and the wrap is just a vinyl decal. In the end you can always revert back to the original GFX form if you pull the "wrap" off and keep your original faceplate.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

nexus is exactly right. the wraps a decal that is laminated to make it fuel and solvent resistant and the face plate is a new piece that replaces the old one both can be removed. also i can do any type of design.pm me if you have any more questions

thanks tim kasper designs

also sorry about hte web site not up yet i have most of it done just waiting to get a few more customer pics to put on there
Old 01-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi there
do you do anythin for the NOSRAM Stealth if so could you post any pics up as i might be intrested

cheers ash
Old 01-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

warpainter,

do you have any samples that I can see and how much are you look at to do the wrap and the plate? How difficult is it to install the wrap and get it square and no bubbles?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmintimidator
warpainter,

do you have any samples that I can see and how much are you look at to do the wrap and the plate? How difficult is it to install the wrap and get it square and no bubbles?

Thanks
The 3 chargers with wraps on them in my first or second post were all done by Warpainter...Tim.

To install the wrap is pretty straight forward. If you're careful you shouldn't get any bubbles. But if you do you can push them out right away before the decal adhesive settles in even more.

Last I spoke with Tim he is finalizing his website and should have more pics up soon.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

pretty cool stuff... reminds me of a toolbox wrap we worked on here at my job..