Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
A couple of questions about painting. >

A couple of questions about painting.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A couple of questions about painting.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default A couple of questions about painting.

I'm about to paint my first SCT body. I bought paint about 5 years ago. They have been stored in my home and haven't got below 65F. Will they still be ok to use?

The paints I bought are Pactra RC282 fluorescent blue, RC279 fluorescent yellow and RC290 white fluorescent cover coat for the backing. In addition I would like to put a coat of glossy black paint as the final backing color. Can I use any type of paint for the final backing like cheap dollar store paint or does it also need to be a polycarbonate type of paint? Also, will the final black coat affect the final look of the yellow and blue. I should also add that I only want the black as a final coat so the underneath looks more authentic.

Last edited by Dialed_In; 11-09-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

check your paint on a scrap part first ti see if still good... never mix paints one 1 shell
some paints dont mix well and can strip the other brand