Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
USGT Body Pics and Paint Discussion. >

USGT Body Pics and Paint Discussion.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree155Likes

USGT Body Pics and Paint Discussion.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Had some decals made by Cseils here on RCTech and did a car in honor of my new employer...plain and simple, easy to see and Home Depot wants to do a small article for their internal news paper / employee website.....not sure that will actually happen but I'm happy to be working for them regardless.

We run slicks in what we call Spec GT, which is limited to a 5.5 FDR.

And I have to assume that was your black 911 Turbo (real) car there yesterday!!!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
And I have to assume that was your black 911 Turbo (real) car there yesterday!!!
Come'on Glenn, you know I can't afford the real thing....unlike my friend that drives an AMG Mercedes
Old 05-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Trez83
It's a beautiful car.
They'll ban it.
It looks too much like a DP Riley or DP Corvette. It'll definitely be banned if McAllister makes it. They seem to have a beef with that company, I think.
If someone makes the Ford GT body and then the governing body says it's illegal, they would have some questions to answer. I get banning the DP cars because they are prototypes. They should have never been allowed in a series called USGT! The whole idea of GT is a production based street car built for racing.

Someone please make the Ford GT body!
Old 05-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rabbit0317
If someone makes the Ford GT body and then the governing body says it's illegal, they would have some questions to answer. I get banning the DP cars because they are prototypes. They should have never been allowed in a series called USGT! The whole idea of GT is a production based street car built for racing.

Someone please make the Ford GT body!
HPI makes a Ford GT body but it's 200mm wide and weighs a lot. I had one a long time ago. Looked cool
But was way to wide for my chassis.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

This class was/is supposed to really be about fun, scale looking race cars. Whether is a Fast and Furious Supra, an Audi R8, Corvette C7, a Mclaren, Furia, or the new Ford GT. they are all fun to see on the track together.

It has been proven by track results time and time again, that no single body had a true performance advantage. So if it's not a body on the current T2 list, a wedge body, a USVTA body, or a body purpose made for 1/10 WGT (example is the PF Silvia) let the car run. Why alienate certain cars because they are not "GT." We don't need another class out there just to run prototypes or supercars. There are already too many fish in the barrel.

Its time for everyone to get over themselves, put the cars on the track and have fun. 99 times out of 100, if your getting beat, it's not the body, or motor, or battery, or chassis that's causing the other guy to beat you. It's that wall on the inside of turn 3 you keep hitting.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

[QUOTE]99 times out of 100, if your getting beat, it's not the body, or motor, or battery, or chassis that's causing the other guy to beat you. It's that wall on the inside of turn 3 you keep hitting./QUOTE]

+1000 on this!
Old 05-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
This class was/is supposed to really be about fun, scale looking race cars. Whether is a Fast and Furious Supra, an Audi R8, Corvette C7, a Mclaren, Furia, or the new Ford GT. they are all fun to see on the track together.

It has been proven by track results time and time again, that no single body had a true performance advantage. So if it's not a body on the current T2 list, a wedge body, a USVTA body, or a body purpose made for 1/10 WGT (example is the PF Silvia) let the car run. Why alienate certain cars because they are not "GT." We don't need another class out there just to run prototypes or supercars. There are already too many fish in the barrel.

Its time for everyone to get over themselves, put the cars on the track and have fun. 99 times out of 100, if your getting beat, it's not the body, or motor, or battery, or chassis that's causing the other guy to beat you. It's that wall on the inside of turn 3 you keep hitting.
It's not about "if a body has an advantage' or not, it's about the spirit of the rule..... and can you buy a real one in a show room, or is it a specially built model for racing....as LMP and DP cars are.

If there is truly no advantage find a body you like within the rules and race it. If it comes to making another class to run LMP or DP cars so be it. Racing evolves, it certainly has since my early days of racing 1/12 scale Associated 12Es back in the late 70s and 80s, so lets make classes if we need to and tighten up the rules to accommodate the intent of the rules when they were written.

GT needs to be like VTA, real cars that one can buy in a showroom, decorated to resemble (not dulipcate) real race cars.......and not painted up with wild, elaborate and unrealistic schemes like Tour Cars.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Come'on Glenn, you know I can't afford the real thing....unlike my friend that drives an AMG Mercedes
Sounds like a good friend. But seriously, I really like what you did with the Porsche, great looking RC car body! And you were hooked up on Saturday, great consistent lines.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

It's not about "if a body has an advantage' or not, it's about the spirit of the rule..... and can you buy a real one in a show room, or is it a specially built model for racing....as LMP and DP cars are.

If there is truly no advantage find a body you like within the rules and race it. If it comes to making another class to run LMP or DP cars so be it. Racing evolves, it certainly has since my early days of racing 1/12 scale Associated 12Es back in the late 70s and 80s, so lets make classes if we need to and tighten up the rules to accommodate the intent of the rules when they were written.

GT needs to be like VTA, real cars that one can buy in a showroom, decorated to resemble (not dulipcate) real race cars.......and not painted up with wild, elaborate and unrealistic schemes like Tour Cars.
Yes because solid white gm cars are so racey
Old 05-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Resemble real race cars, and not be unrealistic?

I don't know about you, but this paint scheme is a bit wilder than I see on most touring cars.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Resemble real race cars, and not be unrealistic?

I don't know about you, but this paint scheme is a bit wilder than I see on most touring cars.

They can get this "creative" because they're wrapping a lot of the cars now. Graphics starting to look a little "tired"? Peel the old one off with a little heat... throw on a new wrap, and bang! A fresh new looking wrap job.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just finished my Hot Rod GT to use this summer. I love having the most unique body in GMGT....er, I mean USGT.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Now there you go....you're going to get me in trouble again... : )

Looks cool though!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyingm
Now there you go....you're going to get me in trouble again... : )

Looks cool though!!!
Thank you for making an awesome body. Can't wait to try it this weekend.
Not going to get you in trouble, Mr. McAllister. Don't worry.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

For all of the grief I've given Trez, that body does look great. ��

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.