Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Skulls and reuseable masks and other questions. >

Skulls and reuseable masks and other questions.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skulls and reuseable masks and other questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Skulls and reuseable masks and other questions.

So I used to be pretty OK with an airbrush but my son would like Skulls on his RC ride.

I see many excellent paint jobs on rc tech so I thought I'd ask here. Can someone tell me how people make reuseable skull templates and the like?

Or can someone link me this topic if they know where to find it. I search "skull" and get about 10000 hits.

A different question: I like tradition (old style) bodies say from the RC 10 gold pan era. How does one get good curved lines? Curved tape seems to only bend so much.

Thanks from someone who is about to get back into painting.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Search for mini skull stencils like: http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/ksministen.aspx
Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
So I used to be pretty OK with an airbrush but my son would like Skulls on his RC ride.

I see many excellent paint jobs on rc tech so I thought I'd ask here. Can someone tell me how people make reuseable skull templates and the like?

Or can someone link me this topic if they know where to find it. I search "skull" and get about 10000 hits.

A different question: I like tradition (old style) bodies say from the RC 10 gold pan era. How does one get good curved lines? Curved tape seems to only bend so much.

Thanks from someone who is about to get back into painting.
your better off using liquid mask instead of tape. You can find plenty of tutorials on this site as well as the web for using Liquid Mask. Once you get the basic idea of how it is applied and removed you will wonder why you ever bothered using tape to begin with!