Wiki Posts
Search

My Airbrush Experimental Projects

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonmills
stop milkin it and get them shells done!!

MX - yep, cheapo USCutter job will do for lettering n logos etc for RC mate
Lol. I know I know. I need to just get one done. But I want to make sure it'll be perfect so one more test run on transparency paper and to make sure everything will be nice and clean looking before I shoot my shells!! I know how to eliminate my mistakes. I just need to turn up the patience meter along with some trial and error!
Old 08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's all it is trial and error...Bodies are pretty cheep if you don't like it you can sell it and do another one...
Old 08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonmills
stop milkin it and get them shells done!!

MX - yep, cheapo USCutter job will do for lettering n logos etc for RC mate
I have been wanting to get one but know nothing about them...What would be a good one that is user friendly?
Old 08-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Ive been looking for a decent cheap vinyl cutter myself. My shaking has gotten worse so makes straight cut lines hard on bad days
Old 08-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

I hear ya on that monkey i think a vinyl cutter would save a lot of cusing as well...LOL
Old 08-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

To be honest I'm not sure what a good cheap cutter would be. I've only dealt with Graphtec, Summa, and Roland and some other printers at the sign shop I managed at.. If I could lead you guys to one I would. But I just haven't looked into them before. If I come across a good deal on a small cutter I will keep you guys in mind.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

I'm kinda gettin good at this for only owning my Talon for about a month now. So here's one more teaser before I shoot my first shell in the next day or two!! . Side note. If you don't have a Iwata pistol grip filter. I'd suggest getting one. Man are they nice...
Attached Thumbnails My Airbrush Experimental Projects-airprac17.jpg   My Airbrush Experimental Projects-airprac16.jpg  
Old 08-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Those look great! wish i was only half that good. Love the way it looks like its flowing.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Those look great! wish i was only half that good. Love the way it looks like its flowing.
Thanks Monkey! I'm still learning what transparent colors to use with each other though. I was hoping the inside edges were gunna going to be a deeper red then how it came out. But I'm still pleased with it! Its so cool how you can change the shade to your liking!!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

For some reason im having issues getting that flowing effect you got on that 1. I think cause of working in reverse laying the shading first makes it too hard for me to see where to shade it. Like on your blue carbon fiber how it looks wavey
Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
For some reason im having issues getting that flowing effect you got on that 1. I think cause of working in reverse laying the shading first makes it too hard for me to see where to shade it. Like on your blue carbon fiber how it looks wavey
For the carbon fiber, all I did was shoot the pearl blue first and left the pattern piece for the carbon fiber in the same place on the substrate and then sprayed opaque white wave / streaks. I then removed the pattern piece and then I backed it with pearl purple spraying over the entire carbon fiber area. So where I sprayed the opaque white streaks, the carbon is more vibrant and will stick out more giving the flowing effect or rolling effect. Hope this helps ya!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

wow for only doing this for a month I think it is incredible even for someone that has been doing it for awhile. The thing that makes bodies stand out IMO is the shading and blending and making certain things pop out and others stay back to where when you really look at it you can see it and go wow look at the detail, like shaded skulls or whatever just in small amounts. I can't wait to see a body you paint. Very nice.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kevink123
wow for only doing this for a month I think it is incredible even for someone that has been doing it for awhile. The thing that makes bodies stand out IMO is the shading and blending and making certain things pop out and others stay back to where when you really look at it you can see it and go wow look at the detail, like shaded skulls or whatever just in small amounts. I can't wait to see a body you paint. Very nice.
Thanks Kevin! The pictures just don't do it justice. I'm very happy how these turned out. Its pretty sweet how they kinda change when you move it around under the light. These pearl paints are killer.

With being in the Sign business all these years that has developed my understanding of all colors and what works to give you the most contrast.. So I defiantly know how to make them pop and stand out!

I think I'm going to use that tribal flame graphic with the checkers on the sides. So I'm currently designing the hood and roof. So if all goes well I should have pics posted of my first painted shell in the next day or two!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

What are you using to practice on?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Castradamus
What are you using to practice on?
Transparency paper that I picked up at my local OfficeMax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.