Community
Wiki Posts
Search

something diffrent this way comes

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I wish it was mine! LOL I have a serious obsession with Oakley’s design and there products (I mean serious) more so then R/C.
Pretty much where the inspiration for this design came from. www.oakley.com

As far as set up well that’s big.
To start out with my current setup

sotar 20/20 airbrush (cream o the crop)
Iwata hp-c w/ a crown cap extended handle and a .4 conversion
Badger crescendo w/ the Fat needle and nozzle.
A Silent air 30 compressor
Iwata hose w/ quick disconnects for all the airbrushes

As far as why I choose what I have. The sotar is for really detailed work with transparent colors and candy’s, for example the black for the rivets and weathering on this body was done with transparent black then backed with the color of the metal panel. This brush is only used for very detailed areas. This air brush will clog in a heart beat if you spray any type of metallic through it. I use to use this on military models for weathering. The Iwata is the work horse any paint any time pretty much any line width, great brush the one I recommend all the time. The Badger is the Base coat brush it’s basically and glorified spray can perfect for any base coat you want layer down even and smooth.
I have this compressor because it was a gift before I went to art school. All the power I need to do any thing. It’s a tank compressor as well which is good for the small stuff because the pulsing style compressors when used pulse and you get wavy lines when doing detailed stuff.

Out of all the airbrush equipment I have tried the iwata to me was the best hands down. Simple to clean because there is no jar it’s a gravity feed. Works every time I pick it up. I have tried almost all the airbrushes out there and I could tell you things why I don’t like them with the iwata there isn’t one thing I would say bad, well maybe cost. Compressors are easy get what you can afford. I have used tires (yes tires) co2 tanks, a pulse compressor and the one I have now. I always use a water trap regulator just so I have an idea of what pressure I am running very good thing to know and you don't get any unwanted spats of water in your art. Keep the Q’s coming!