Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Body Damage/deterioration

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Body Damage/deterioration

I last few months I have improved my driving so I do not hit the barriers or the wall very much anymore; but still my body is going down hill it looks more an more beat up every week.

Is there really much you can do about that or do you just practice with an old body and save your good body for actual races.

I did follow someones advice and tried using that fiberglass strong packing tape and shoe-goo to stregthen inside of body. Not sure I like the extra weight and it does not do anything to protect the appeareance of the body.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Body Damage/deterioration

Originally posted by imjonah
I last few months I have improved my driving so I do not hit the barriers or the wall very much anymore; but still my body is going down hill it looks more an more beat up every week.

Is there really much you can do about that or do you just practice with an old body and save your good body for actual races.

I did follow someones advice and tried using that fiberglass strong packing tape and shoe-goo to stregthen inside of body. Not sure I like the extra weight and it does not do anything to protect the appeareance of the body.
I usually have more than one body.
I use my older bodies for practice.
You could try cleaning your body to make them look newer.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Suspended

I always wipe the body down with a cloth and a little denatured alcohol before I put it away, the denatured alcohol won't hurt the lexan or decals either. always wash the body after using this stuff though,if there are scuffs,tire marks etc,rub these areas a little harder with some denatured alcohol and your rag.
Now use a little polish and your body will look good as New.