Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
Well here it is. Not much but I like it...
It looks sweet!!!! Made major advances on my project. Grand unvailing this Sat. at LHR, (practice time only)!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trytowin
It looks sweet!!!! Made major advances on my project. Grand unvailing this Sat. at LHR, (practice time only)!!!!!!!
Just a question??? Who makes a good tape for striping??? I'm new to this but know how to paint, just looking for a little help!!! Have a '68 Camaro body just want to run some rally stripes down the drivers side. Don't want any bleed over. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've used the blue and the green painters tape.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

We always use vinyl for the edges (...makes sharp edges etc). Our's is similar to the vinyl that are used at sign shops etc, but slightly lower tack. It's basically the same stuff as our window masks. For the center sections of the masked areas we use either blue (less tack) or green (stickier) painters tape.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Hi Andy, any updates on the new VTA bodies comming?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

I'm with JCarr; come on Andy, what are the other two VTA bodies and when will we see them?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Come on guys. Badgering Andyh to show us the new bodies isn't going to speed up the process. I'm sure he will post them as soon as he can. I for one am just as excited to see them as the next guy. We have to remember not to bite the hand that feeds us.

Andy has always been very helpful in answering our questions and I'm sure he is eager to show us the new stuff as soon as HPI gives him the green light.

We really need to get this thread back on point. Just like the title says, Pics & Paint Discussions only.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

I simply asked when they would be available. I need to get a new body for our outdoor season and would like to know if it's going to be this month or next year before they come out. I think I have aske maybe 3 times since Andy anounced the 69 was comming out and that was like 2 months ago. I hardly think that's badgering on my part.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

I agree. Even though I am as stoked as anyone to see what is on the way.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Not a lot of pics or paint discussion in this thread.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

You all have a point regarding the new bodies from HPI. My thought is that, in the future, it would be better not to tease us with mention of new bodies, as was done in this case, till you are actually ready to show them and tell people when they will be available! If it were done that way, then no one on this thread would be "badgering" Andy for answers. It's not our fault that it went down this way!

I'm extremely interested because where I race we are doing a VTA class that runs on 2wd pan car chassis instead of the touring cars, and we would like to see more VTA bodies from HPI and naturally want to know what these new ones are.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
I thought I'd start a PIC thread for all the cool TA paint.

Please limit comments and stay on topic, pics & paint. Links to paint ideals, real TA racing sites ok.

POST'EM UP Fellas! or repost if you had posted in the other TA thread.

ENJOY! the Vintage paint.

NEW! The unofficial, Official USTVA Pace Car!

My TC4, 68 HPI Camaro. Sorry for my poor quality pics but all I got at this time. I'm ready to paint another one!

my idea...he just posted it for me...lol
Old 05-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
You all have a point regarding the new bodies from HPI. My thought is that, in the future, it would be better not to tease us with mention of new bodies, as was done in this case, till you are actually ready to show them and tell people when they will be available!
"Mommy... Billy's teasing me!"

Geez, harden the ef up. Get some patience all of you.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK, we'll all be nice and "touchy feely". Whatever happened to telling it like it is? Does everything in life have to be "politically correct" all the time? Jeese, everytime someone tries to speak up to get things done, someone has to come along and try to shut us up!

It is not "childish" to point out that it is unfair to tease people without backing it up with substance. I don't happen to believe in all the corporate bullcrap games that these companies play with us! Sorry if that upsets some on this thread.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

yep...Im officially jealous...I think all of you guys should start a thread with pics only and that way ppl viewing can see what really brings ppl to this class
without saying to much...or them having to "READ" to much..lol

I think it will also help with all this back and forward about "CORRECT" TA trim

great job on all the paint jobs Ive seen....Ive stolen them and posted them in my TA pics for 2008..lol....except Dirlas...I have to see his all the time anyway...dont think I could stand to view it on my computer too....lol

that is actually a great ideal Myron. I hate the way a thread becomes a 'forum' around here w/ 100's of pages to read through. A true TA forum may be needed at this time, then we could have smaller, more specific discussions...threads that are not 100 pages deep.

from....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...acing-123.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.