Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridepate
Sent.........
replied, sir!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

for those who are, or might be looking for those VTA/TransAm decals in the swap n sell area, I've tried to gather images of all the decals he's listed so far, since he doesn't have a web site or anything...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10340983-post81.html
Old 02-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by orcadigital
First attempt at airbrushing and using liquid mask. Color's may not totally fit the VTA theme, but I am not skilled enough to drive in races where it would matter.
Looks great! Love the colors Orca! Modern, but you can definitely picture it real.

Thanks for the heads up on the KAMTEC body Evo.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
looks great..cya Saturday
You coming on down to Hot Shots tomorrow? Or you mean One Lug in a couple weeks? We have a crew building for One Lug, 6+ right now, and trying to get Joe as well. Should be good times!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
Looks great! Love the colors Orca! Modern, but you can definitely picture it real.
Thank you! Other then the maddening process of not having a clue how to use an airbrush, how thick the paint should be, how much air pressure to use, and the normal impatience I have with painting (peeling the mask 3 min after painting...), I had a lot more fun with the airbrush then with cans.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You coming on down to Hot Shots tomorrow? Or you mean One Lug in a couple weeks? We have a crew building for One Lug, 6+ right now, and trying to get Joe as well. Should be good times!
I was headed your way as of last night...but my baby got sick and my father had a light stroke...so Im at the hosiptal now...

I was coming to do some shopping in the ATL, for V-day, with the wifey...but what to do?...might leave out in the a.m....we will have to see
Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

I was headed your way as of last night...but my baby got sick and my father had a light stroke...so Im at the hosiptal now...

I was coming to do some shopping in the ATL, for V-day, with the wifey...but what to do?...might leave out in the a.m....we will have to see
Take care of the family Myron, never a question there. If you are out our way, stop in, but keep the priorities straight. We'll catch up with you at One Lug either way.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Thank you! Other then the maddening process of not having a clue how to use an airbrush, how thick the paint should be, how much air pressure to use, and the normal impatience I have with painting (peeling the mask 3 min after painting...), I had a lot more fun with the airbrush then with cans.
I have had good luck mixing the paint to the consistency of milk and shooting at 25-30psi.Turn the pressure down if the paint seems to be shooting dry. I also have better luck turning the paint volume down and shooting closer to the surface. Area coverage I use a larger paint volume at about 4 inches from the surface. Turn the volume down and move in to one inch for fine details. This is where a dual action brush is nice

There are thousands of paint pressure and distances that work and none are any better then the other. My suggestions work for me but something else may work better for you. Practice and don't be afraid to experiment. Its only paint and we go through bodies fast enough you will get plenty of practice.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Family comes 1st! ATL aint going nowhere!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some great looking bodies in this thread. One of the main reasons I am looking forward to getting involved with VTA.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Tightlines
Some great looking bodies in this thread. One of the main reasons I am looking forward to getting involved with VTA.
Me too.. I have run about 5 or so races, and we have about 20-25 racers every week. I have 1 car, and just bought 2 new bodies today to paint becasue I enjoy it so much. Been digging through my decals trying to come up with something..
Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com

Thanks for the heads up on the KAMTEC body Evo.

Very nice great layout bravo
Old 02-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Chaparral Camaro

Here is another Body with the decals from Carl Seils. The decals are great, but I am not to fond of the pegasus body. I wish HPI made a '70 camaro body.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-cc.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-cc3.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How do I post my pics here? I cant figure it out.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Tinman, when you click "reply" to add a new post, scroll down and you'll see a section to "manage attachments". click it and then upload your stored pics from wherever you have them. I put all mine in my windows photo gallery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.