Wiki Posts
Search

First Airbrush?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default First Airbrush?

Hey
For quite a while I've been using rattle cans for my bodies, but now I think I have reached the edge of what you can do with these cans. So I've started looking for an airbrush, but I have no idea of what to start with. People always tell that Iwata is the best but when I find Iwatas theres always 40-50 maybe a million different kinds of airbrushes and all sorts of series and prices. So my question is: Which airbrush or series of airbrush should I go with without blowing any budgets?
If it's possible I would prefer to buy it in Europe so I don't have to pay any tolls, so if you have a link to an Iwata dealing shop in Europe please link it
Old 06-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Arrow HOW MUCH?

It all depends on how much you want to spend
Originally Posted by mads creations
Hey
For quite a while I've been using rattle cans for my bodies, but now I think I have reached the edge of what you can do with these cans. So I've started looking for an airbrush, but I have no idea of what to start with. People always tell that Iwata is the best but when I find Iwatas theres always 40-50 maybe a million different kinds of airbrushes and all sorts of series and prices. So my question is: Which airbrush or series of airbrush should I go with without blowing any budgets?
If it's possible I would prefer to buy it in Europe so I don't have to pay any tolls, so if you have a link to an Iwata dealing shop in Europe please link it
Old 06-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I think you'll find that the most widely recommended brush for R/C use is the Iwata Revolution HP-CR. I have a couple and they're great. They should run you about $70 USD, which isn't bad as far as quality airbrushes go. The nozzle is 0.5 in size, so you can spray pretty much anything. Maintenance ansd clean up are easy because of the limited parts.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the help so far, I appreciate it
My budget isn't really limited but I would feel kind of stupid i If spend 300 USD on an airbrush where I don't even use half of the functions it has. So what I'm looking is really the best buy, preferably in the range below 100 USD since paint and compressors aren't freebies

If I choose to buy the Iwata Revolution HP-CR or any other airbush are there then any parts I should buy right away (needles, etc.)?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here's a UK retailer for Iwata (and other's) airbrushes.

http://www.airbrushes.com/
Old 06-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by mads creations
Thanks for the help so far, I appreciate it
My budget isn't really limited but I would feel kind of stupid i If spend 300 USD on an airbrush where I don't even use half of the functions it has. So what I'm looking is really the best buy, preferably in the range below 100 USD since paint and compressors aren't freebies

If I choose to buy the Iwata Revolution HP-CR or any other airbush are there then any parts I should buy right away (needles, etc.)?

If you cannot get the brush local and have to order it I'd suggest getting a spare needle at the same time. thay are easy to bend and a good item to have just in case.

The CR is a great starter brush but if you want functions like a backstop or MAC valve then you'll need to step up to an HP-CH, $150-$180 avg.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks again guys. That HP-CR really looks nice, I think I'll go with that after my summerholidays