Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
W.E.D. Winning Edge Designs questions and comments... >

W.E.D. Winning Edge Designs questions and comments...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

W.E.D. Winning Edge Designs questions and comments...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

lol

Unreal right. Yet I keep trying, because you never know.

At some point Ebay became the place to try and steal stuff with permission.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Painted my helmet, since a burgundy helmet and a black Dyna motorcycle didn't go well, IMO.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

After clearing, one tack coat, two wet coats. Not scuffed and buffed yet.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, I put three more bodies up for auction, starting at $29.00.

A 8ight 2.0 body, ProLine RC8.2 Bulldog and a HPI Nissan Silvia 200mm sedan body.

We'll see what happens. I have a JConcepts Bajr and a ProLine SC body next if they do ok.

Jim
W.E.D.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by W.E.D.Jim; 11-15-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

The 8ight body and the RC8.2 body both sold, $28 for the Associated and $34 for the TL body.

This HPI Nissan Silvia 200mm body didn't get a bid at $28.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

What's your eBay ID? I haven't seen any of your bodies on eBay.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by luisv
What's your eBay ID? I haven't seen any of your bodies on eBay.
My ID on EBay is the same, without the dots. wedjim

I always list them as custom painted, the brand of car, brand of body and put W.E.D. In the title.

I hope they are showing up as often as the should. Maybe that's the issue. Not sure what else the title could contain to help.

Hmmmm
Old 11-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jim your work is worth Oh soo much more. Guys are getting a STEAL of a deal on the bay.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Not sure, but when I searched for your ID I was able to find one of your bodies. You might have to indicate which RC models the body will fit as well as some additional key words within the description. Include manufacture of the body (JConcepts, Parma, Pro-Line) as well as part numbers. For example, the JConcepts SCT body fits Slash, Slash 4x4, SC10, SC10 4x4, Losi XXX-SCT, and SCT-E... I would include that within the body of the auction. In the title you could say, Custom Hand Painted SCT JConcepts Body for Losi Traxxas Associated #0222. If possible, add more photos and give a little info about yourseld... been in the RC Hobby for X number of years... painting for X number of years... etc. Hopefully that helps...
Old 11-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
Jim your work is worth Oh soo much more. Guys are getting a STEAL of a deal on the bay.
Thanks! That's whatbpeople keep telling me, so I hope it's just the atmosphere or something I'm not listing right. I'll keep tweaking it.

Originally Posted by luisv
Not sure, but when I searched for your ID I was able to find one of your bodies. You might have to indicate which RC models the body will fit as well as some additional key words within the description. Include manufacture of the body (JConcepts, Parma, Pro-Line) as well as part numbers. For example, the JConcepts SCT body fits Slash, Slash 4x4, SC10, SC10 4x4, Losi XXX-SCT, and SCT-E... I would include that within the body of the auction. In the title you could say, Custom Hand Painted SCT JConcepts Body for Losi Traxxas Associated #0222. If possible, add more photos and give a little info about yourseld... been in the RC Hobby for X number of years... painting for X number of years... etc. Hopefully that helps...
I sold two of the three and relisted the one, so right now there is only one. Listed as: "Custom painted HPI Nissan Silvia 200mm sedan body, W.E.D."

I am painting a JConcepts Bajr and a Proline F150 Raptor SC body now. Maybe they will do better.

Hope to put them up by end of the week.

Thanks guys!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

its definitely and exposure thing on ebay, I had a nice body up there and it only had 2 views in a week. You can always end the auction early if your worried about final sale price, or just list up there for a month with a set buy it now price.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
its definitely and exposure thing on ebay, I had a nice body up there and it only had 2 views in a week. You can always end the auction early if your worried about final sale price, or just list up there for a month with a set buy it now price.
Thanks Mike. I had 25 or so views the first listing, then 38 the second without any changes. The HPI body went for $28 and change.

Should have the next two finished this weekend to list and see how hey go. Seems like I'm getting views, just not the right bodies or colors.

I still have about 150+ bodies on hand, so I'll keep trying until custom orders come in.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its not your listing's E-bay sucks! all they want is the sale so they make money, so unless you start your auction at .99 like they suggest you get no exposure it's B.S. plus people shopping on E-bay want to get stuff for nothing so they can resell it. Get on Face Book and promote your work on RC groups and do it the old fashion way by word of mouth other wise E-bay and their other company Pay Pal will end making more money than you will.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroBlaster
Its not your listing's E-bay sucks! all they want is the sale so they make money, so unless you start your auction at .99 like they suggest you get no exposure it's B.S. plus people shopping on E-bay want to get stuff for nothing so they can resell it. Get on Face Book and promote your work on RC groups and do it the old fashion way by word of mouth other wise E-bay and their other company Pay Pal will end making more money than you will.
Exactly. Most of my business is word of mouth. I actually had to shut down my website when I could no longer keep up actually. Now I'm looking to paint a half dozen a month or so and list them on line in between.

Thanks
Jim
W.E.D.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.