Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canned Spray painting Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Canned Spray painting Help

I just bought 3 tamiya canned air spray today. Using green, I practice painting the plastic container (chinese soup containers) and noticed that air bubbles formed on its sides. What seems to be the reason for this? How can I avoid this? Is there suppose to be a "style" in painting using aircans? thnx

Last edited by penggoy; 04-18-2003 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:06 PM
JMC
Tech Initiate

Sounds like a reaction from the plastic been a polycarbonate rather than Lexan, unless you piled the paint on too thick? As for method... Nice light powder coats with a little help from a hair dryer if you are the inpatient type!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:16 PM
Suspended

spray a little on the body that you are going to paint because that shouldnt happen.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Rookie

It sounds like you have a dirty soup container,Try wash it soap and water,when scuff it with a scott brite pad.I wipe my bodies with Achohol to remove all oils. When using rattle cans I put them in a bowl on warm water to warm up paint [not boiling just warm from the tap] then spray away.I have seen some great rattle can paint jobs.Keep trying you will get better.
Coro