Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree457Likes

Your Custom Paintjobs

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dose anyone have any suggestions to make this better????
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-bodies-ss-005.jpg  
Old 11-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
Dose anyone have any suggestions to make this better????
your lines are clean and crisp but there are a couple of things to improve on....

your black is too thick - maybe thin it out some more and try to ge ta little finer line. you can also shadow it instead of an outline all the way around, just like its casting a shadow.....

also, you can pull back your scallops a bit more - they are a little "fat" and by pulling them back further (asian style) - it will clean it up as well.

the entire scheme is just a bit "flat" - not enough depth - you can acheive this by just using a darker green around the edges inside the green. Also, when you start drop shadowing instead of outlining, that adds depth as well. I have been playing with adding a touch of fasglitter here and there to add some bling as well.

Overall its super clean, just needs some depth.....hope that helps....
Old 11-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

A few of the bodies we just finished up from the past week. On to the next run now!

...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

This is a mini body just completed too. Thought it came out good for a tiny little body, pics stink as per usual though, .

Thanks for looking!
...Jim
W.E.D.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
your lines are clean and crisp but there are a couple of things to improve on....

your black is too thick - maybe thin it out some more and try to ge ta little finer line. you can also shadow it instead of an outline all the way around, just like its casting a shadow.....

also, you can pull back your scallops a bit more - they are a little "fat" and by pulling them back further (asian style) - it will clean it up as well.

the entire scheme is just a bit "flat" - not enough depth - you can acheive this by just using a darker green around the edges inside the green. Also, when you start drop shadowing instead of outlining, that adds depth as well. I have been playing with adding a touch of fasglitter here and there to add some bling as well.

Overall its super clean, just needs some depth.....hope that helps....
Thanks for the help I'll try it. By shadow you mean to not go all the way back with the shadow. As for the thickness, this is the smallest tip I have. WEll that's why I practice on other peoples bodies.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the help I'll try it. By shadow you mean to not go all the way back with the shadow. As for the thickness, this is the smallest tip I have. WEll that's why I practice on other peoples bodies.
You still will be able to control your thickness. Just use less psi and thin your black. I usually spray my 50/50 (windex and faskolor) thinned black around 15-20 psi.

And what I mean by shadow is that you go around the entire section with your black...that is good in some situations, but not always.

I am referring to actually making them cast a shadow on the blue, instead of an outline. Similar to the pics below. Notice that there isn't a black outline, just the scallops and points casting a shadow onto the blue.

Hope that amkes

Old 11-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim

A few of the bodies we just finished up from the past week. On to the next run now!

...Jim
W.E.D.

Dude, you got some sick paint job's man, I wish I could paint like that.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Why you got to put Kerrs scheme on me? j/k. OK i get what you are saying. I'll try that on my next one. So let me get this right:

1. Paint 50% Windex 50%
2. Paint 50% Windex 25% Rubbing Ahchol 25%
3. just send them to you.

Which one is it?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Why you got to put Kerrs scheme on me? j/k. OK i get what you are saying. I'll try that on my next one. So let me get this right:

1. Paint 50% Windex 50%
2. Paint 50% Windex 25% Rubbing Ahchol 25%
3. just send them to you.

Which one is it?

4. First start with #1. Get your psi around 20 lbs and then test spray on transparency paper or a scrap piece of lexan. If the paint "beads up" like water - that is too much windex, poor some out and add straight fasblack to your "thin" bottle. Keep doing this until you can get a nice consisten spray that you can control.

When i first started I went out and bought a 100 pack of transparency paper and I am still using that some box today. It just allows you to see what the paint will look like on clear material.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the help. How do you like your MI3?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the help. How do you like your MI3?
no problem....and I am loving the Mi3. I couldn't be happier!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
You still will be able to control your thickness. Just use less psi and thin your black. I usually spray my 50/50 (windex and faskolor) thinned black around 15-20 psi.

And what I mean by shadow is that you go around the entire section with your black...that is good in some situations, but not always.

I am referring to actually making them cast a shadow on the blue, instead of an outline. Similar to the pics below. Notice that there isn't a black outline, just the scallops and points casting a shadow onto the blue.

Hope that amkes

Fantastic Marc,
How do you do the "white" internal shadows ? What colour is inside the red, and how many thin coats to stop the red from showing through ?
Fantastic work - and unique designs - something I simply can't do !!
All the best,
32819toon
Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 32819toon
Fantastic Marc,
How do you do the "white" internal shadows ? What colour is inside the red, and how many thin coats to stop the red from showing through ?
Fantastic work - and unique designs - something I simply can't do !!
All the best,
32819toon
Thanks man - yeah, i really like that design.

The white is just a faswhite thinned to about 60% paint and 40% windex. I spray the white about 3 times just to make sure it doesn't turn pink when i back it with fasflourescent pink. The pictures don't pick up actually how bright the pink is. Both pinks in that body are the exact same. The white and the little overspray you get from it changes up the tone just a hair.

hope that helps....
Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

pounditracing, the best thing to paint on to get practice is a 2 liter bottle and its the cheapest,that way there you can see what you paint before you paint a body
Old 11-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Shawn, thanks alot! I try to mix things up and not so the same thing with small changes over and over, it's easy to get in a rutt. Nothing I hate more then two paintjobs looking exactly the same from 10 feet away! :/.

McGoo, diggin your work as usual, nice stuff!

...Jim
W.E.D.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.