Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree454Likes

Your Custom Paintjobs

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I also get sick of seeing the same schemes. I do understand the supply & demand. Customer wants certain paint, has money, oh yea paint it. It is great you guys still give it your best. It is still exciting to see the same scheme. When everyone does it with their own style. Hope I didn't make anyone mad I didn't intend too.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-16-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I never said I was a master painter...

Nor did I say that you guys couldn't paint...

I just said all the cars look the same, and they do.

Don't be so sensitive....
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-sovietcar.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-l4body.jpg  
Old 12-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
Its money, it pays for my addiction
Brit...are you sure it pays for it all your addiction....i think you need to go to rehab...i have seen your tab....
Old 12-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Were on page 290 of this thread, we are bound to see a lot of repeats!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Were on page 290 of this thread, we are bound to see a lot of repeats!

True that!

I'm not really trying to be negative...I just feel that alot of the bodies REALLY do look alike these days.

Especially on this note:

Whats up with the white noses!?!?!? Seems like every other car uses white as it's primary color.

Charlieb, no disrespect man. You and just about every other pigment slinger on here have a ton of skill.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

White looks good up front.

If you want to see other designs. Paint some. I will still copy what everyone is doing. Because 1, I like what is in. And 2 that is what people want.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

White is by far the easiest color to see when racing on rug or asphalt and the front and bottom of the car is where you need it so thats the reason for all the white, plus it looks good.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hmmm

Like it or not, the most popular design now may all look similar, but they're all derivations of simpler design fads come and gone. And they may get visually monotonous to you, but there are more important things relating to design than just looking different.

This is all my opinion, of course, and I mean no disrespect to anyone with what I say, but...

Alot of these "different" designs I've seen I probably wouldn't ever use. Charlie's Jack Skellington shell, lovely as it is, would get lost on a track, I'd think. It's quite dark, because it's theme and inspiration is quite dark, but it has little directionality other than this side up, this side forward, because murals are still life, and meant to be seen as a stationary painting. Your eyes pass back and forth across it, and if it's moving, it's very difficult to register what it is you're looking at.

Would you go to a museum and be happy if the paintings moved across the walls? I mean, might be a little trippy with a Dali, now and then, but really...

Racers want something they can see, which means it needs direction and contrast. Very often, when someone says they're painting something "different", they've lost touch of what's actually really inherently important to the driver. If bodies are too busy, or have beautifully rendered painting they often look, well, not shabby, but they get muddled on the track. Really busy.

Now, not to say a shelf queen is bad. If you want it to look good standing still, by all means. But I think flames (and whatever tribal derivative happens to be in vogue at the time) really aren't going to be overshadowed by some new, unconventional, fad.

I dunno, show me a body done "differently" and I'll show you a body that looks better at the starting line than passing the finish line.

But, that's just my opinion, and I more than welcome being proved wrong.

Cassidy
Old 12-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The biggest reason I use a scheme and colors like I do is to see it better. I'd love to run a much darker scheme. Black cars are my favorite. I love black paint schemes with grays, silvers, and blues. But, that's not good for RC Racing. Full size race cars only have to be concerned with their sponsors being visible. So they can use dark paint schemes and more elaborate murals. We have to worry about making sure we can see the car we're driving as well as trying to make sponsor logos standout. There's a reason probably 75% of the cars out there have a lot of white and florescent colors on them. Asphalt colored cars aren't all that easy to see. A buddy of mine used to run a charcoal gray, one color wonder on all his cars. Impossible to see if it got a little bit dark out.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:47 AM
wes
Tech Regular

wow soviet you have real origional cars there oh wait i remeber thats from the 1968 ford gt40 real origional. yea and your 12th scale is so out of the ordianry too ive only seen cars painted like that before 5 or 6 times. just leave it as people see something they like it and copy it end of story you dont have to like it you didnt paint it.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You guys shouldn't be so damned sensitive. The dude made a opinionated statement. You act like he insulted your woman or something.

"if you don't have anything positive to post why post at all"....more and more these days on the boards, that should really read, "if your not going to agree with everyone else, why post". I don't think thats what futureal intended the boards to be.

So Soviet thinks too many cars look alike these days. Sometimes so do I, you going to rip me too? My paint jobs are far...far...FAR from the level of quality that you see in this thread, but I get a lot of compliments on them just because they catch people's attention. Why do they catch people's attention? Because they aren't the 50th Hara or Masami that someone has seen at the track that day. Does that make it better, no...just different.

Example: I came close to winning a concourse event at a recent local big event race. I actually threw my car out there as a joke because I knew the others were better. But heres the kicker, the judge (just an average person) took notice of my body because it wasn't flames or Hara style like most of the others were.

Its no different than someone taking notice of the only Corally in a pit area filled with Associated and Losi cars.

Its his opinion, and its not that big a deal, and certainly not worth ripping someone over. Chill out and calm down and take a clue from how charlie_b originally responded to it. He explain why so many are the same, and how he felt about how he uses his talent.

And (gasp) all without ripping someone with a different opinion...

Amazing how you can make your point without insults...frickin' amazing.

Last edited by Darkseid; 12-16-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Soviet
True that!

I'm not really trying to be negative...I just feel that alot of the bodies REALLY do look alike these days.

Especially on this note:

Whats up with the white noses!?!?!? Seems like every other car uses white as it's primary color.

Charlieb, no disrespect man. You and just about every other pigment slinger on here have a ton of skill.

No Disrespect taken...just elaborating on your point. No worries bro!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

I like all the paint jobs on here I wish I had some of the skill these guys and girls do on this forum. richb3 and charlie those are awesome?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Charlie very nice as always. What color did you use for the ghost scallops with the black?

The Only Green i used was HOK Organic Green. I used it to texture the Fourecent Yellow with streaks, to coat the Marble effect backed by Silver and Black, and lastly, accentuate the Black DropSHadow below the Flourecent Yellow Pinstripes. Kinda cool and economical to use one color of candy and have 4 differnt results. The Customer thinks i used a lot more colors. Everyone ends up happy regardless.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

here is my latest let me know what you think
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-dscn0981.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-dscn0987.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.