Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree456Likes

Your Custom Paintjobs

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

whitester,
How do feel about Treadz? Do they really work? I am thinking about trying some of his foams on my tc3 and I just wondered if you had any thoughts on the "quality" of Richards stuff.
IKE
Old 03-30-2002, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow!! Way to go Darryl!!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well I just took the pics...LMK what you think...please

first...
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-04stratus1.jpg  
Old 03-30-2002, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

next.......
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-04stratus2.jpg  
Old 03-30-2002, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

and last...
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-04stratus3.jpg  
Old 03-30-2002, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Is anyone out there using a gravity feed brush as their primary brush? Im still figuring out which brush to buy next. Right now I only have a single action external mix and I want a double action internal mix.

I just picked up Air Brush Action magazine and a guy did an article on how to paint an RC car body, its decent, nothing spectacular but what disappoints me is that he did the trim arround the flames with a paint brush on the outside of the body. I did get some awesome inspiration from the magazine and will be getting a subscription. For anyone that is interested I picked it up at Borders Book Store.
Old 03-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know where I could find checkered flag masks? Only those that I could download for free

Do the Tamiya paints (enamel and acrylic) stick to the lexan or polycarbonate bodies? I used to use those paints on my static models using an airbrush.

Charlie B, kevink2 and everyone else : Nice bodies!

Cosmo: Are you selling carbon fiber stickers?
Old 03-30-2002, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Work Checkers are easy to desisn...but harder to actually do... justt set down with a paper and pencil and make your own... thrust me you can do it.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by patcollins
Is anyone out there using a gravity feed brush as their primary brush? Im still figuring out which brush to buy next.
Pat,

I'm using an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS gravity feed as my primary, it's the one with the big cup on top.

I went with gravity feed because with the heavier acrylics I can shoot at a lower pressure than with a bottom feed. My first airbrush was a Badger 360 universal, which has a swiveling front end that can do both gravity feed and siphon feed. It worked great with Faskolor in gravity feed mode, but didn't hold enough paint to cover much before refilling. When I tried to use it with the jar in siphon mode it needed a lot more pressure to get the paint moving.

The Eclipse CS gravity feed is a very nice airbrush, but it's got a finer nozzle and needle than the Eclipse bottom feeder. It's great for detail, but when I want to cover with a background color or cover a big area it takes a bit longer than I'd prefer.

I think the ideal setup would be the Eclipse CS, but also have a larger needle/tip on hand for making wide area coverage easier.

Trips
Old 03-30-2002, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There's a new artist in town and his name is BigDog. Jason has some great skills and considering he's only been painting bodies for about a year he has a very bright future. Here are some bodies that he painted for me for the 2002 carpet nationals. Oh yeah the extra body in the middle was our trophy girl at the 2002 ROAR Carpet Nationals
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-cars.jpg  
Old 03-30-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Great body, the cars look good too
Old 03-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

I painted this one a while ago. It's a Super10 size body on my TRF TGX. Hope the file opens okay
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-tgx.jpg  
Old 03-30-2002, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Works..I also use a gravity fed brush...I use the HPC as well and i do enjoy it! It comes with a .3mm needle while the Eclipse comes with a .5mm also gravity fed. Either one will be fine.

This body was done by an HPC. fine details as well as good coverage.

Old 03-30-2002, 10:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by FoamDonuts
whitester,
How do feel about Treadz? Do they really work? I am thinking about trying some of his foams on my tc3 and I just wondered if you had any thoughts on the "quality" of Richards stuff.
IKE
I really like Treadz. I have run them all season long, indoor carpet. I ran the triple XS. I used the 45's up front, and 42's in rear. The rims are tough! Tires wear out way before rims do. Saxton has a quaility product in my book. I will be running the offroad tires this upcoming season. Both 1/10th truck, and 1/8 buggy.
My LHS sells Treadz foam for $15.00! Now that's a bargin!! LOL
Matter of fact, Saxton himself sent a few guys to my LHS. They allways have every tire in stock. Funny that you ask about Treadz!
I'll also be running foams on asphalt, in a month or so.
Only one dislike, with the XXXS, I had to ream the center out to fit over the threads. That seems to be only with the XXXS. Nothing an exacto knife can't handle. No other cars that I know of.

Last edited by WHITESTER; 03-30-2002 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-31-2002, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Impact: Alright! Thanks for the tips and warning I'll try to practice on scraps.

schurcr: whoa! nice bodies specially the one in pink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.