Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree454Likes

Your Custom Paintjobs

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Kyosho MP9 TKI2 and Elcon Cleon Body
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-tki2-thammi-011-web.jpg   Your Custom Paintjobs-_wsb_600x449_elcon-cleon-1-klein.jpg  
Old 12-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'm still very much a rookie, but here is one I did.
Attached Thumbnails Your Custom Paintjobs-pict0024.jpg  
Old 12-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well this is my first legitimate try at airbrushing a body, I've rattle canned a few though. I tried to keep it simple and not get in over my head, although I definitely felt I was over my head at times. Thanks to those of you who have answered my questions along the way!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default nice post

That was a great post. Not bad for a virgin with an airbrush.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
Some new bodies today.

Aaron Biner

EJ Evans
I like that first one based on a Nike Air max 95 sneaker
Old 12-26-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Here is a paintjob I did with my 3 y.o. daughter Taegan. She loves my mini Revo and she has been wanting to help me out with painting a body for quite some time. This time she really got to help out. I gave her parts of the body to paint all by herself. She decided to paint our whole family. Theres mommy, daddy our dog bella and the baby on the way too. She even signed it on the door panel. She had a blast showing it off to our family on Christmas. She is proud and so am I. Maybe in a few years she can paint some bodies for me!

Old 12-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markarch
Here is a paintjob I did with my 3 y.o. daughter Taegan. She loves my mini Revo and she has been wanting to help me out with painting a body for quite some time. This time she really got to help out. I gave her parts of the body to paint all by herself. She decided to paint our whole family. Theres mommy, daddy our dog bella and the baby on the way too. She even signed it on the door panel. She had a blast showing it off to our family on Christmas. She is proud and so am I. Maybe in a few years she can paint some bodies for me!

man seeing that body got me a little choked up i would put that body on the mantle and never run it she did a AWESOME job overall i think that paint job is one of the freshest i have ever seen would you be interested in you and your daughter doing one for me?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you! Well I talked it over with the Boss and she said that we would be happy to paint a body up for you. She said that you can just 'text' us some information...lol. Although it would be better to just PM me about it.
Thanks,
Mark and Taegan.

Originally Posted by .rc_racer
man seeing that body got me a little choked up i would put that body on the mantle and never run it she did a AWESOME job overall i think that paint job is one of the freshest i have ever seen would you be interested in you and your daughter doing one for me?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that's a cool body . bet she had fun helping
Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

This is one of the nicest bodies I have seen in a long time. Reminds me of my spraycan days gettin into trouble. Really nice concept! My daughters always trying to help me paint too. She just settles for pushing my cars around the carpet for now.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

That's awesome Mark! Glad to see you back
Old 12-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

omg- that is a great body,
Old 12-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys. It is nice to be painting again. I lurk here often but I have been out of it for a while renovating my house and raising the family. Since I got my mini revo I have had the urge to paint up some bodies for it. Here is one posted a few pages back to give the MERV another look. My daughter says it reminds her of the Incredible Hulk

Old 12-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Mark, that is awesome that you did that with her, some would freak about it, but the memories of that are priceless, worth thousands of bodies in my opinion!

Nice work on yours and her part!

I just had a bunch to post I finished up, but i'll do it tomorrow, feeling like I need to hand my sons the paint brush now instead, haha.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Jim! It was a real treat doing it with her. I was a bit nervous too. I am a perfectionist at heart and I did worry about how it would turn out and if she would get frustrated and give up on it. We did it in two sessions, one before bed and one as soon as she got up. She couldn't wait to pull off the liquid mask and get out the paint pens. We actually got to run the revo today. When we were done she actually took the body off and wiped off the snow and blew it dry with my wife's hair dryer.

Proud Dad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.