Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Painting Article - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Here is more newbie stuff. I am in the process of painting a Crowd Plezer body for a XXXNT. I am trying to use a xxx main flame mask but the complex curves on the body are throwing me fits. Some help on using mask over complex surfaces would be helpful.

myst, nice to hear someone state that church is an important part of their life.

Bob, let us know when the new magazine is up and running.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heat the mask with a hair dryer. That will help the material stretch and conform to the curves of the body.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

i dont know if you could but mabey some basic design ideas might help. i know im always search for more ideas.

and i cant remember if you had it on there but a section on the new glitter paint would help.

also mabey ways to transfer ideas onto bodies i dunno that might be too general
Old 04-09-2003, 01:52 AM
Tech Addict

U know what a lot of people would love, heaps more paint masks.
so maybe if all of those that have contributed ideas might like to find one or 2 new paint masks?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Cosmo,
Thanks for the offer! I will let you know when it's been updated. I just got a copy of Adobe Acrobat myself but don't really know how to use it so I will look to you or BigDog to convert it.

Extreme,
As far as more basic designs go, I can write up step by step how to for more of my own designs and will add them. If other painters want to add more basic designs, I'm happy to add them as well. FYI, There is a section on the Fasglitter. Take a look under Section IV.

V-One,
As far as masks go, www.rcxotic.com has lots of them. I personally don't use any printable masks, or at least very very rarely. I am sure if people submitted them to futureal he would post them. The problem is that not a lot of people actually make masks and then share them with others.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Being a noobie and all, and not really all that much cash in my pocket, and I'm not sure if it's been suggested yet.. but, By any chance can you do a part, where u can show how you can do schemes and stuff, using aircans? I don't use airbrushes, but love to paint.. I was wondering what other stuff I can do with an airbrush besides buying Parma or XXXmain masks, and painting it over.. thanks, and Haunted myst, I can't wait for that video, being that it came from the most capable hands of yours .. great paintjobs! ur paintjob w/ the "gouls" on it, made me wanna do painting the body just as much a hobby as racing the car=)