Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Way to Thin Faskolor???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

actuall your supposed to mix a reducer of windex(or fantastik) and water in a 50/50 mix, then with your bottle full of reducer thin the paint about 2:1 to 3:1 (this is what createx recomended for there old paints) at 3:1 you will have a very very fine spray and if your talented enough you can lay it down in layers and really build up a very nice blend

but when spraying a background just spray it straight with the needle pulled out a little for maximum flow
Old 08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcCzarOfOld
Killingtime,

I've had the same experience with the whites being brighter. But, I've had it make my flourescents, especially yellow, look a little different. Ya know, that whole yellow and blue make green thing...

Tony
You may have a point there. I have yet to buy a Fascolor fluorescent that I've needed to thin. Now Fascolor pearls are a different story, they are usually as thick as ketchup. I keep my paints to the consistency of milk when I thin them. This way no matter what color I'm using I thin appropriately.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RcCzarOfOld
Just use the clear windex thinned about 50/50. And when you're done, just run some straight windex through it and it cleans up rather well.

Tony
sorry guys what is windex? (window cleaner of some sort?) i'm trying to find it in the uk but have had no joy so far.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

In australia and USA it's called windex but you may have a product called winderlin or something that sound's like this...it is window cleaner...crap too!!!
see ya timmey
Old 08-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

cheers timmey i'm off down the supermarket to see if i can find some
Old 08-23-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

hope that it works.....sounds a bit weired to me.... but it sounds like what the guy's use , although I'm sure I've seen a parmer thinner for that style of paint
Old 08-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

nice one timmy it is windowlene in the uk! i've now got everything i need to start my latest shell will try and post some pics of the finished product thanks for the help once again.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I keep my paints to the consistency of milk when I thin them. This way no matter what color I'm using I thin appropriately.
Not to be a pain, but 1%, 2%, Whole or Skim?
California cows or the unhappy sad wisconsin ones?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hehe... happy cow, whole milk-2%.... in that range normally. BUT, thinning it further or leaving it thicker is something I've done to create different effects too.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow, I cant believe some people still think its ok to use blue windex. How hard is it to move your hand over a few inches while in the aisle and scoop up the clear bottle.

Anyhow Ive tested it out on a few bodies to see if it was a big change. I just used a few drops and WOW colors were way off. Not only that they looked horrid to me compared to the originals. When there by themselves it isnt noticable , but stick it next to something thats not always being influenced by blue.... If your into painting , do yourself a favor and just get the bleeping clear stuff! Its like were in paint class and your always mixing a color and soon it becomes poopy brown or grey. Well that same dingy effect is what is going on when you mix blue in everything.

It drives me mad to see people just settling for whats in the cabinent or it works fine type thinkers....yeah it works fine , yeah itll thin your paint and oh yeah its screwing your colors up.

Want a brighter white (blue in white makes an illusion of brighter....want to make it worse , use yellow itll make it look terrible). Either way you can do that on your own if you want brighter whites , otherwise you terrible colors all around.

No bashing the blue windex guys , but come on. Turn your computer off , goto the store , unglue the wallet from your leg and pay the pretty lady some money for the clear windex.