Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

5th Scale Onroad Racing in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLock
Pic of the top five together along with seven (7) of the 12 participants in the class.
That is a great photo! Thanks for sharing Juan! Looks like it was an awesome turnout, thanks for grabbing all the photos and results!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DDMSteve
That is a great photo! Thanks for sharing Juan! Looks like it was an awesome turnout, thanks for grabbing all the photos and results!
I did not grab the photos, I took the majority of them, including the pic you are referring. It is amazing what a good camera with a timer can do (I am the first person to the left in the pic your are referring). Thank you DDM for having affordable 5th scale cars available for us to buy and make this Sportsline Spec Class happen. You will probably get orders for a couple more from the state of Texas in the upcoming weeks as a couple of racers that attended the Texas Biggie want to join our 5th scale ranks.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK, this question goes out to Juan and DDMSteve, I just started my car for the first time in about one year, started right up!, just had to lower the idle a tad, but I was getting lots of smoke, my ? is, is this due to the long time since last running the car, or is it that I'm using pump gas and Motul oil at 25
:1, 6 months old or should I run the Power Master fuel you guys are using?, temps on the motor were nice, no popping or hesitation going through throttle cycle till fully open, what do you guys think?
Old 06-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Or maybe old oil left over in the pipe?
Old 06-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

It was probably because of the old fuel you were using. Did you run the car completely out of fuel the last time you ran it or was there some residual still in the tank/lines? Your mixture of oil to gas was fine so it wasn't that. You excessive smoking should probably stop with fresh gas/oil with a little run time on the engine.

As far as the VP Powermaster fuel, they have a 25:1 mixture that I will be trying out the next time I run. The good thing about VP gas is that it is ethanol-free, which is better for these small 2-strokers we are running.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Juan, last time I ran the car, I ran it till the tank was empty, flipped the car over and drained the last few drops, took out the feed line from tank and blew it out, so yeah ,must be what you said or maybe old oil residue coating the inside of the pipe. going to see where I can get my hands on some power master fuel and try it again then report back, every little bit of research adds to our info base, thanks again Bro, and wishing lots of growth for the class you are promoting.....viva Texas 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

There have been some revision to the rules for the 5th scale class running in Texas. You can either refer back to the first page of this thread or click on the below link:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/14321168-post1.html
Old 06-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oskygt
Juan, last time I ran the car, I ran it till the tank was empty, flipped the car over and drained the last few drops, took out the feed line from tank and blew it out, so yeah ,must be what you said or maybe old oil residue coating the inside of the pipe. going to see where I can get my hands on some power master fuel and try it again then report back, every little bit of research adds to our info base, thanks again Bro, and wishing lots of growth for the class you are promoting.....viva Texas 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a feeling once you run the car for a while with some fresh fuel/oil, your problem will correct itself. Yes, any additional information that is beneficial to all that you can find out and share would be most appreciated. You are welcome and thank you for showing interest in the class.

Last edited by JLock; 06-07-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

Hey do any of you guys have the settings for a Spetrum Dx4r pro radio to us the Super Bee killer Rc kill Switch?
Old 06-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by guss2009
Hey do any of you guys have the settings for a Spetrum Dx4r pro radio to us the Super Bee killer Rc kill Switch?
You can contact Randy Nowak at Banana Raceway in Richardson, TX. His shop and indoor carpet track has a page on Facebook and you can message him from there. I believe he was running his car with a DX4R and could help you.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
You can contact Randy Nowak at Banana Raceway in Richardson, TX. His shop and indoor carpet track has a page on Facebook and you can message him from there. I believe he was running his car with a DX4R and could help you.
I sent him a message. I havent gotten a reply. Hopefully some one helps me.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by guss2009
Take a look at post #3, hopefully, it's the information which you need.

http://www.killerrc.com/forum/viewto...?t=1077&p=3216
Old 06-14-2016, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Had a little test and tune session with one of the Texas 5 members this past Saturday. I tested the VP Fuels Premix 25:1 fuel. It is a fuel that is being considered as the spec fuel going forward for the class. My car had a little more pep to it over the pump fuel that I had been using. I was pleased with this first round of test results with the VP fuel. I will use it in the upcoming state series race next weekend for a full race evaluation.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Great info Juan, i'm still searching where I can get my hands on some down here.Let me know how it works out for you under race conditions.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Hi I have a RTR FG 4wd sportline Im selling if youhave any members of your club intrested in it drop me a pm or an email. [email protected]

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...line-sale.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.