Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FG Onroad

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

But what I am talking about is getting RC Car Parks around the country thru a afterschool program.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been slowly educating those around me about 5th scale (from what I am learning). Many are starting to see how much more cost effective they are over what some are running now. However, with a few places to race them, you can't win over racers of other classes over to the 5th scale side.

We have to get more organized and get a couple of place committed to letting the big cars run and get a good racer base established before you can get schools, businesses, and local governments aboard. A committed base leads to an ease in investors' worries/doubts.

Last edited by JLock; 11-14-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

What you are doing is great !! I think we need to start brainstorming, JLock.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
What you are doing is great !! I think we need to start brainstorming, JLock.
First and foremost is trying to find a couple of venues east of California that will entertain putting on a 5th scale race or two. We also need to network to see who has (or still have) a 5th scaler that they are willing to come out and race if given the opportunity and are willing to travel. The rules are simple because most have already been established except for the Sportsline Spec class that I am putting rules together (something simple). Just floating some thoughts..........
Old 11-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

I would not mind traveling to race if it is not far. I can do limited traveling but first I would have to check if my Dialysis center has a place in the town I am traveling too. I know they do in Texas. I have to do Dialysis 3 times a week. So it is something I have to consider before traveling.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

I would not mind traveling to race if it is not far. I can do limited traveling but first I would have to check if my Dialysis center has a place in the town I am traveling too. I know they do in Texas. I have to do Dialysis 3 times a week. So it is something I have to consider before traveling.
With the speedway in your area, have you ever thought about approaching them out helping to sponsor a race? I have Texas Motor Speedway in my area and have been thinking about it. However, the last r/c group that use to race at the facility left a bad taste in the mouths of management and made it difficult for others to approach them about r/c racing. So, I am trying to think of other alternatives.

Last edited by JLock; 11-17-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

JLOCK a super long time ago the eastside & westside onroad clubs arranged for a race on the first turn of the Speedway. You are right they maybe interested.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

JLOCK a super long time ago the eastside & westside onroad clubs arranged for a race on the first turn of the Speedway. You are right they maybe interested.
I don't mind a road trip your way since I have never personally been to the speedway there. I have talked to a few guys in Florida about the two facilities that I know of there but I think FORGASS may be an issue. There are a couple of guys in the Houston area that I am suppose to meet this weekend to talk about doing something in Texas (they have 5th scale TCs). I know a guy in Puerto Rico that can get at least 6 guys running at a place he's got secured (got the okay from the owner to run) but that would be a difficult trip for some.

Lets keep knocking a few things around because something will shake out of it. I hope to make a trip to race in Cali next year to see how they do it, get some 5th scale racing experience, and help to formulate better ideas on how we can possibly improve on what we may come up with before then.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

As far as the two tracks in florida, fullthrottle in kissimmee which is just outside of Orlando is totally on board the owner is also wanting to get a 5th TC for his own collection, there is no issue with forgass at all, and homestead was somewhat interested.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmichael
As far as the two tracks in florida, fullthrottle in kissimmee which is just outside of Orlando is totally on board the owner is also wanting to get a 5th TC for his own collection, there is no issue with forgass at all, and homestead was somewhat interested.
If that is the case with Fullthrottle, who is the person that we need to talk to as far as putting something together? I have seen aerial pictures of the track and it definite appears to be able to handle 5th scale cars. And, it is in the Orlando area so hotels and restaurants won't be an issue for incoming racers. Why should the West Coast guys have all the 5th scale fun?
Old 11-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

juan,right-now-1/5-is-quiet-in-pr.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oskygt
juan,right-now-1/5-is-quiet-in-pr.
It is quiet now but lets see what we can do to help shake it up a bit. Remember, we did the impossible and got 8th scale GT racing off the ground when nobody thought it was possible. Anything is possible if we really want it!!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 11-18-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
If that is the case with Fullthrottle, who is the person that we need to talk to as far as putting something together? I have seen aerial pictures of the track and it definite appears to be able to handle 5th scale cars. And, it is in the Orlando area so hotels and restaurants won't be an issue for incoming racers. Why should the West Coast guys have all the 5th scale fun?
Just PM you all the contact information/as you can see he spearheaded the big national & international races this year here in florida at his track, George is top shelf and one hack of driver on the track, and a sucker for a good cup of coffee
Old 11-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmichael
Just PM you all the contact information/as you can see he spearheaded the big national & international races this year here in florida at his track, George is top shelf and one hack of driver on the track, and a sucker for a good cup of coffee
Thank you for the contact information. I will be contacting him in the upcoming weeks about trying to get some 5th scale racing going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.