Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
losi xxx-scb converted to dirt oval late model?. >

losi xxx-scb converted to dirt oval late model?.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi xxx-scb converted to dirt oval late model?.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default losi xxx-scb converted to dirt oval late model?.

wLooking for info or ideas on converting a xxx-scb to dirt oval. Not enough for a class anywhere around. So I'm wondering how had. I know some have done the sc10 (which I'm about to get for short course truck)

Iv searched for threads on them but nothing.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Initiate

A sct to late model is as simple as mounting the body. I. Would think you would want to start by finding a scb to sct conversion thread. Once you convert the late model part is easy. The ket item is the body posts.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default yep on the search

Yep, I'm looking aroundfor more info and ideas. Took about a 5 Year break from rc. Sad thing I walked into a shop jumped on a vehicle that seems to have been discontinued and no one runs them with the trucks. So thinking of getting an associated sc-10 cuz I love it and really should have gotten it first. But again I'm a VW off road n baja fan and love oval which they are running at 2 tracks.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

You will need the SCT front shock tower (LOSA1109) and the body mount set (LOSB2454). You also might want the rear bumper from the SCT (LOSB2407). There won't be much front bumper support with this set up, but it really isn't much worse than the other trucks. You would probably want to make something from foam.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Can be easily done. Most SCT based Late Models simply mount a 1/8 LM body on the 1/10 SCT platforms. As stated, you would likely want to pick up the body mounts... beyond that, everything should be plug and play.

From an informational standpoint, you may be better off checking out dirtoval.com as better resource.