Wiki Posts
Search

And another 1/5th scale question! (:

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgk
Here is the link, actually a couple of them.. This bad boy is 13HP Holy Sh!t!! lol Check it out!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtjOcGdc85A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMN2If3hlXs

Enjoy! Pete
Thanks for uploading the links. Thats some totally insane power. You reach a point where something becomes uncontrollable for its size. 12S is that point in fifth scale. It was hilarious when that kid starts yelling the wheel fell off.

I've used the castle link system to turn down the max throttle on 6s. Even with 50k weight in all the diffs, at full throttle the 1/8th scale thinks its an airplane!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
pgk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

LOL. Likewise. With the a RX8 turned down it's still a handful too... Did you check out how tall and skinny the front tires were getting! Regular top fuel dragster!! And that tire, when it flew off it seemed to roll for quite some time.. Also check out the frame flex towards the end of the longer vid..
Wonder how much that conversion cost??

Originally Posted by RRHobbyDepot
Thanks for uploading the links. Thats some totally insane power. You reach a point where something becomes uncontrollable for its size. 12S is that point in fifth scale. It was hilarious when that kid starts yelling the wheel fell off.

I've used the castle link system to turn down the max throttle on 6s. Even with 50k weight in all the diffs, at full throttle the 1/8th scale thinks its an airplane!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pgk
LOL. Likewise. With the a RX8 turned down it's still a handful too... Did you check out how tall and skinny the front tires were getting! Regular top fuel dragster!! And that tire, when it flew off it seemed to roll for quite some time.. Also check out the frame flex towards the end of the longer vid..
Wonder how much that conversion cost??
Theres an electric conversion made by a small company that runs close to $300.00
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 PM
pgk
Tech Adept

Hey Rick,
Do you happen to know what the name of that company is?

Pete

Originally Posted by RRHobbyDepot
Theres an electric conversion made by a small company that runs close to $300.00
Old 09-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

RCMadness.

http://www.kershawdesigns.com/Losi5-...Conversion.htm
Old 09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pgk
Hey Rick,
Do you happen to know what the name of that company is?

Pete
The one I was referring to is by SkoPod.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Keep in mind a 1/5 will go through grass easily as others have pointed out. If you are actually wanting to keep the grass, then avoid running 1/5 on it, they will tear it up. Part of the fun running 1/5 is you can run anywhere, and within a short time, have the start of a track where you have been running lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by badaml
Keep in mind a 1/5 will go through grass easily as others have pointed out. If you are actually wanting to keep the grass, then avoid running 1/5 on it, they will tear it up. Part of the fun running 1/5 is you can run anywhere, and within a short time, have the start of a track where you have been running lol.

Yeah, no need to build a track when you have a fifth scale!! BTW if anyone wants a Baja Flux stormers violtaed HPIs MAP and is selling em for 1249. I've already reported those jerks.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:54 AM
pgk
Tech Adept

Good point and well taken! (: I know in the spring after the snow melts and the grass is still matted down even my 1/8th scale will tear it up pretty good. I look it at like part of the early thatching process! lol..

Originally Posted by badaml
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

FG Are doing brushless now as well they sell conversion kits that will fit the castle setups as well as some other motors.

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/2814...-supplies.html
Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Not to crazy about the leopard hobby motors and speedy, have tried the motor in a 1/5 scale and it got very hot for the work i was asking it to do. But if the conversion kits are anything like the other stuff FG makes it will be top notch and all top grade alloy. That is what i love about FG they really are no expense spared in their top of the line stuff but still keeo the price reasonable.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Forget about electric unless you race 1/5th indoors or in your front driveway at 5 in the morning. Tons of $$$ and way more fragile than gas. My 1/8th scales allready chew through batteries, 1/5th should be a nightmare.

Gas is simple and reliable. Some clutch tuning and a big 30cc engine with a good pipe is plenty fast.

I just bought a Losi 5t. It's a giant Losi 8. The design of the Losi really makes the HPI's look lame.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i was looking at the 4wd 5t and i found utube videos and i don't see it throwing any gravel with the front tires! so with that long belt it must only be assist at best.i looked real good cause i really wanted 4wd for the winter.just don't see it.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Zenoah gas motors for 1/5 scale are so reliable there's NO reason to go electric!! Their not like nitro--they start and tune VERY easily and have plenty of power for racing or playing. Electric's fine for 1/8 scale and smaller--but SO not needed for 1/5 or bigger.
FWIW
Old 09-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

I guess the only reason to run electric is all the extra speed, power and torque you get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.