Search

the new x from traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Funny stuff>>
Most of the points he touched upon in this vid are spot on. I for one think it is the single most innovative R/C Traxxas has released to date, including the TQ-i Tx. I, too, enjoy off road racing, but also enjoy doing 100mph+ runs with 1/10-1/5 scale cars as well. The XO-1 takes a GT onroad buggy-based car (or in this case slash 4x4 based) to the next level for high speed stability.

The one point I have to disagree with is his aversion to the inclusion of an app-based interface for the iOS devices. I've been talking about this kind of integration being the next step with regard to R/C radio innovation. I currently use a 3pks which I've had for years now, but simply have no reason to upgrade to the 4pks/M11x/EX10 Eurus/Etc. iPhone or Android or what have you integration would be a HUGE selling point for me as I'm sure it would be for many others in a HIGH END radio system. Obviously this TQi is Traxxas' attempt in the midrange radio market at ~$200 for the set alone, but quite frankly the radio has never been Traxxas' strong suit by any means. Regardless, smartphone/ music player integration is the next big thing IMO.

Also, that MMM/1717 with the stock gearing must make for one hell of a parking lot basher. That 1717 can handle 8s lipo without issue. The fact that this car can do 100 with that motor on a mere 6s is phenomenal, and leaves room open for either higher KV motor or even HV setups if one were so inclined.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This thread is proof that the organization of topics works about as well as the search engine to find threads for the topics in the first place.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Like Ive said on other forums. I honestly think this car is wicked! Expenisive, but bad *** just the same. If it was off road most people wouldnt have said "Failure" they would have been like "cool" a 1/8 buggy! But like Jang said, Its not suiting that crowd. But theres plenty of folks that like on road.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

RCaddict0, I agree with you completely. I have been waiting for a long time for Traxxas to come out with something new for those of us who like on-road; after all, off-road has received more than enough attention already! It is amazing to me that if it's off-road related it's "great, awesome', etc. But because this car wasn't built for the off-road set, we get all these paranoid hate posts saying that the XO-1 and Traxxas itself are failures and so on. I would rather read some intelligent, positive thoughts about this car. Come on all you fellow on-road fans, you should be happy that Traxxas finally have something for you! Also, remember that you can't even get the car yet, it was only just announced. Wait till it's actually available and the car mags and people who actually own and race them post about how good or bad the car actually is. Don't be so quick to judge!

As to the concerns about the 100mph speeds; it was pointed out on another thread about this car that you don't have to set it to go 100 mph if you don't want to. Out of the box the esc is locked to go no more than 50-60 mph which is still plenty fast enough if you actually want to race this car on a proper road course track. Then when you are done racing for the day, and you and your friends want to just have some speed runs, you can unlock the esc and set it to go 70, 80, 90, 100 mph, whatever you want. Seems to me you can have the best of both worlds with this car!

I only wish that the price was in the $700-$800 range instead of $1100; that is a pretty steep price!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Traxxas XO-1 100+MPH!!

I found this video while on the yahoo website... The link is below. It is 1/7 scale I believe.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-supe...or--1-100.html
Old 12-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would yanking that traxxas junk radio setup before the car ever hit the ground anyways !!!!! i do think the I-Pod link is neat tho, but I also think that very shortly traxxas will release a PC based upload to unlock the car with nothing more then a USB cable to the home computer.......
Old 12-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Lil late there buddy.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yep, already 2 or 3 other threads about it.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Neal, don't expect the PC thing any time soon, it would be neat tho. Also if you relock it you will have to be able to receive an email to unlock it, so a apple touch would work if wifi was available. I have to wonder if Traxxas does not have future plans for the radio / iOS combo.

If anyone is interested in the facts the manual is available online. Judging from some of the responses on this thread reading it may be a problem.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Everytime I drive my nitro car outside I get asked the question how fast does that go?
I answer about 40 mph.
Then they are all excited and ask how much?
I answer about 400.
They says Oh that's expensive.

Experienced hobbiest rather build a car and make it go fast.
Newbies want a cheap rc car that goes fast.

This car is neither so the x01 is probably a bad choice on traxxas's part I can see them collecting dust at the hobby shop because nobody wants it. The only reason they are number one in fastest rtr is because other companies are busy making rc cars worth having. Also Spectrum already makes a piece that connects to the I phone so nothing new there.

Maybe they should start going into the mini and micro scales those things fly off the shelves or actually make a race kit for once.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

everybody is a know it all, whats HILARIOUS is...none of you have even seen this thing yet...

haters usually hate on what they cant have....so ive noticed.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Addict

I think Traxxas is the largest so something about their business model must be right.
Traxxas has probably done more to introduce the masses to RC than anyone else out there.
The one time Traxxas actually made a race vehicle aimed at an existing class it was national champion. I think it was discontinued because of lack of sales compared to their other vehicles.
Racing of any type of RC vehicle is small potatoes compared to the overall market.

What about their business model is so wrong?
Old 12-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by bentgear
I think Traxxas is the largest so something about their business model must be right.
Traxxas has probably done more to introduce the masses to RC than anyone else out there.
The one time Traxxas actually made a race vehicle aimed at an existing class it was national champion. I think it was discontinued because of lack of sales compared to their other vehicles.
Racing of any type of RC vehicle is small potatoes compared to the overall market.

What about their business model is so wrong?

You got that right!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dane
Say what you will but Traxxas knows its customer base. The first question any non-R/C person asks is "how fast does it go"? Many people don't want to tune or even race but just want to be able to go 100mph in an R/C car.

Second, Traxxas brings the newest smartphone technology to R/C. Huge selling point and really cool.

True... True.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I think it's done what it was intended to do and get a LOT of people talking about Traxxas again. The RC system in it looks pretty sweet, but really it's just a Slash 4wd with some mods, a big motor and a bigger pinion.

Anyone who can handle a car at 100mph has the expertise to build one themselves. Hell I have my Ofna GTP2e, if I slapped a 6s Lipo, MMM Esc, and my Neu 1515 1Y geared it 25/44 with a set of belted slicks, it'll do 100mph straight line as well, but believe me it's a handful just on 4s and geared a bit more conservatively.

You just hope the cashed up self proclaimed know it alls who think they are far more expert than they are, don't hurt anyone when taking these for a run. Anything that's moving at 100mph is a potential bullet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.