Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Mannn wish I was there! Great video.
Come on down Bro!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Losi 5ive-T Racing action at the 2014 West Coast Nationals. Enjoy!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you for all the nats/track video coverage..
Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
Thank you for all the nats/track video coverage..
Your welcome!!!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default MIP 1/5 Losi Products

Hi guys, Matt here over at MIP. Just wanted to drop a line to say that we will soon be having 1/5 products. Our main goal is to up the efficiency of the 1/5 losi platform and get it so that you guys spend less time wrenching and more time having fun out there. We have a slew of products that will be released over the next 4-5 months. The list will include

Clutches - From testing will last 6-7 times longer than stock clutch with more snap and less to no bog.
Diff Parts - Keeps diff smooth and less break down of components
Brake System - From testing will last way longer than stocks, no more gulling, no more replacing of entire disk, and more stopping power/much smoother stopping.
Drivetrain Pucks Front, Center, Rear - No more pin wear and outdrive wear, smoother transaction to power, more efficient, less maintenance, less money to freshen up drivetrain.
Toe/Kick Plates Front/Rear - Better for handling characteristics.
Tools - no more tool steel!!! Same quality as our smaller wrenches in a bigger size!
Shock Bodies, Caps, Springs, Bypass1 Pistons, Limiting Straps - Brings the truck to life, you thought the shocks were big now, think again . Much better on handling hands down!

Everything worked flawlessly at Nationals where the truck TQ'd by over half a lap! Due to throttle servo it took me out in the main. I did end up taking the win overall in buggy 4x4 which was a clone of the truck, but with buggy chassis and wing of course.

Check out RC insider for some inside pics of the truck.

http://rcinsider.com/?p=64281

Special thanks to RC insider for the report.

If you have any questions please let me know, also if there are any bigger 1/5 races coming up both Eustace and Myself are looking to travel a bit but need a venue. Please post races or send me a PM of them.
Attached Thumbnails LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK-img_6160-copy.jpg  
Old 09-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

This is great news.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Hi guys, Matt here over at MIP. Just wanted to drop a line to say that we will soon be having 1/5 products. Our main goal is to up the efficiency of the 1/5 losi platform and get it so that you guys spend less time wrenching and more time having fun out there. We have a slew of products that will be released over the next 4-5 months. The list will include

Clutches - From testing will last 6-7 times longer than stock clutch with more snap and less to no bog.
Diff Parts - Keeps diff smooth and less break down of components
Brake System - From testing will last way longer than stocks, no more gulling, no more replacing of entire disk, and more stopping power/much smoother stopping.
Drivetrain Pucks Front, Center, Rear - No more pin wear and outdrive wear, smoother transaction to power, more efficient, less maintenance, less money to freshen up drivetrain.
Toe/Kick Plates Front/Rear - Better for handling characteristics.
Tools - no more tool steel!!! Same quality as our smaller wrenches in a bigger size!
Shock Bodies, Caps, Springs, Bypass1 Pistons, Limiting Straps - Brings the truck to life, you thought the shocks were big now, think again . Much better on handling hands down!

Everything worked flawlessly at Nationals where the truck TQ'd by over half a lap! Due to throttle servo it took me out in the main. I did end up taking the win overall in buggy 4x4 which was a clone of the truck, but with buggy chassis and wing of course.

Check out RC insider for some inside pics of the truck.

http://rcinsider.com/?p=64281

Special thanks to RC insider for the report.

If you have any questions please let me know, also if there are any bigger 1/5 races coming up both Eustace and Myself are looking to travel a bit but need a venue. Please post races or send me a PM of them.
that is very cool to hear Matt! If you ever need to bounce some ideas off of us you are welcome to give us a call. We will definitely stock your products once they come available Glad to see the big Hitec servo in there too. It is a beast!
Old 09-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DDMSteve
that is very cool to hear Matt! If you ever need to bounce some ideas off of us you are welcome to give us a call. We will definitely stock your products once they come available Glad to see the big Hitec servo in there too. It is a beast!
Great to hear Steve! We are excited about the new products ourselves. Really think it will help the 1/5 scale class grow, as it will take so much less to keep them going strong
Old 09-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thats great news ! You guys should come to Hostilefest next week in Blairsburg IA .
http://www.hostileracingproducts.com/bajafest.htm
Old 09-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Matt, sent ya a message.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridley
Matt, sent ya a message.
Got mail !
Old 09-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just traded in an XR10 crawler for a Losi 5ive T yesterday.

First large scale. First combustion engine. Wow. It is pretty amazing.

I think my radio settings are off (using a Futaba 4PL). Everytime I brake hard and come to a stop, the engine cuts out. What do I have to change to fix this?
Old 09-15-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

your radio shouldn't be able to make it stall, get it running and adjust your idle screw till you hear the idle pick up, then back it down, hit your brakes and it should stay the same, then hold the brakes a little and adjust it to the idle you want. Then use the manual to set the linkage up per the instructions and you should be good. It might be as simple as and idle screw adjustment and radio adjustment.

Make sure to set your endpoints so you are only opening the carb all the way at full throttle, you don't want to put excess force on the carb linkage, it can cause problems over time.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would check the idle adjustment like Bigmike wrote earlier and if its still having an issue then it could be a clutch issue.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by What up?
I would check the idle adjustment like Bigmike wrote earlier and if its still having an issue then it could be a clutch issue.
Originally Posted by bigemike
your radio shouldn't be able to make it stall, get it running and adjust your idle screw till you hear the idle pick up, then back it down, hit your brakes and it should stay the same, then hold the brakes a little and adjust it to the idle you want. Then use the manual to set the linkage up per the instructions and you should be good. It might be as simple as and idle screw adjustment and radio adjustment.

Make sure to set your endpoints so you are only opening the carb all the way at full throttle, you don't want to put excess force on the carb linkage, it can cause problems over time.
Thank you gentlemen.

I am unfortunately having a new problem. Pulled the engine apart because I like to see the inside workings of things.

Now that I have put it back together, when I pull the starter, there is nothing. It doesn't kick over or anything. Thought maybe I flooded it so I did everything to drain it, and the spark plug was not getting wet. Still no luck. All that happens when I pull the starter is it moves the crank shaft and piston moves up and down. Plug works (I observed a spark, plus accidentally zapped myself).

I did bend the piston ring when taking it out. Does this sound about right from a bent piston ring? Should I also buy new gaskets?

These two things are what I suspect. Like to hear some input.

I am kicking myself for pulling it apart when there was no problem in the first place...... curiosity killed the cat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.