Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I got scammed ! help me out ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default I got scammed ! help me out ?

Hey im 15-years old took me for ever to buy my baja i sold it and turns out guy got his money back and the baja

now im out 900$

i sold it to a guy in Naperville IL

Very upset/ angry

if you know anything or saw this baja around let me know

i have all of his info also

if you would like to know the full story just pm me

Just checking if anyone has saw it
here are the only pics i have of it

thanks

-insane

Old 05-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That's not good news at all. That's why my rule is always, Send after payment is received in guarantee. Either cleared into the bank account or in hand cold hard cash!

Hope you get either back.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ryel83
That's not good news at all. That's why my rule is always, Send after payment is received in guarantee. Either cleared into the bank account or in hand cold hard cash!

Hope you get either back.
Money was in my bank paypal is to blame :@ so angry
Old 05-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

You need to call PayPal. They will tell you his reason as he has to give one. Typically they try to use the 'I didn't get it' routine. With PayPal sellers protection your covered AS LONG AS you can provide a tracking number showing the item was delivered to the address listed in his paypal account and/or is in transit. There have been times with PayPal we found out that most people who do it once, have already done the same thing multiple times before. However, PayPal won't catch that sort of thing unless somebody calls them and alerts them to check into it. So call PayPal and see what they say. As a business owner I can say that PayPal has always taken good care of me.
If you have already called PayPal and spoke to a rep and got nowhere, have an adult make the phone call.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RACETEK
You need to call PayPal. They will tell you his reason as he has to give one. Typically they try to use the 'I didn't get it' routine. With PayPal sellers protection your covered AS LONG AS you can provide a tracking number showing the item was delivered to the address listed in his paypal account and/or is in transit. There have been times with PayPal we found out that most people who do it once, have already done the same thing multiple times before. However, PayPal won't catch that sort of thing unless somebody calls them and alerts them to check into it. So call PayPal and see what they say. As a business owner I can say that PayPal has always taken good care of me.
If you have already called PayPal and spoke to a rep and got nowhere, have an adult make the phone call.

Thing is its done with paypal they are being insane, he did say he didnt get it i got 1000000% proof he did even UPS faxed the manager of paypal the proof ughh just nuts

Pm ill tell you the full story this guy is such a dirty scammer wish we did not have people like this in this world
Old 06-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dude, don't get me wrong but I'm really eager to see what PayPal do about this. I've been using PayPal for almost 7 years now and sorry to say this luckily enough to have never been scammed before. And with all the protection PayPal claims to offer I'm yet to see if they'll live up to their words. But all the best dude.

Good Luck
Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Daymn if thats legit Im sorry.... subscribing to this one...
Old 06-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Man this really really sucks im sorry to here about that... im in a similar situation... i was scammed over a jeep and now im out almost 5 grand.... i really hope things work out for you man...
Old 06-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

INSANE...whats up ma, this is JAYVEE... I talked to you on different occassions regarding this same BAJA on a trade... Sorry to hear what happen...I bet it was from RCU...Huh? I to got scammed over there for $750.00 in a kit... Gimme a call later to explain the details and maybe I can be of some help on walking you through the processes with PayPal... Even tho, this also happen to me approx 2years ago for $1000.00... Sold some 2003 COBRA MUSTANG "Terminator" after market racing perf. parts and the guy said he didn't get it...It was my fault for being cheap...NO TRACKING #s and he saw that! so he filed with his CC company and got every penny back! I did not think of it or that loop hole...But U did say u had proof of tracking, Hmmm... Yes INSANE! But gimme a call later after 12pm eastern time... #813-841-5563 Jayvee/Josh
Old 06-01-2011, 07:27 AM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think you are doing the right thing , by telling everyone you know.

Let it get out on all the web forums , please do spread the word!!

By doing so , you are sure to save a few fellow r/c'ers from the same ugly situation.

Thanks for speaking out.

Good luck with this!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

this is why i don't use paypal on expensive items i accept money order only and don't mail till i cash it and have money in hand . if there don't want to buy it with a money order well they can get it somewhere else
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Why keep the full story in PM's??
Old 06-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thats why I wanna hear what is the really dilly...the true scoop...Cuz whenever you do have proof and paper trail, I have never heard a case lost through PayPal... Thats the entire point of keeping and having documentation throughout the entire transaction... Hope he calls...I really wanna hear what happen...This is def a 1st for me...
Old 06-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Odin544
Why keep the full story in PM's??
The full story is long

-insane
Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by *JayVee*
Thats why I wanna hear what is the really dilly...the true scoop...Cuz whenever you do have proof and paper trail, I have never heard a case lost through PayPal... Thats the entire point of keeping and having documentation throughout the entire transaction... Hope he calls...I really wanna hear what happen...This is def a 1st for me...
PM sent
thanks for caring man

-insane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.