Community
Wiki Posts
Search

just got my first Baja

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default just got my first Baja

Hey guys, what wt oil do you run in the rear shocks? This baja has the piggyback tank on them, and is quite a bit heavier in the rear because of all the bling. In the book it says to use 5wt in the rear, is this what everybody uses for general use?

Also we are looking at building a dirt oval for our baja's in sw Minnesota, anybody interested?

Thanks for the resonses in advance.
just got my first Baja-baja-ss.jpg
Old 04-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

DAM! That thing is bling'd out son Y0! Its purrrrdy... U sure u want to throw it in da dirt? Is that a 5b or a clone with lots of money to pass as one?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Dayum! That is a nice unit! You'll want to use between 10-25 in those shocks... Keep in mind to use fork oil, not shock oil.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Dayum! That is a nice unit! You'll want to use between 10-25 in those shocks... Keep in mind to use fork oil, not shock oil.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

that is no clone, that is a ss baja with some upgrades on t.. we ran 25wt in the rears and only 5wt in the fronts.. and that worked great for our track..
Old 04-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

SICK! It is badazzzz! :cool :
Old 04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for all the complements, i kinda like her to. The guy I bought it from should have spent some more on the steering servo though. I ran it for about 5 min. tonight till I hit a tree branch about the size of your pinki finger, now the servo is locked to the right. What steering servo should I look for?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That is sick! How much did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking?

I just got my first Baja 2 weeks ago - Baja 5T. Love it!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

useless strength upgrades when you havent got the front chassis brace upgraded to a turtle brace same with the rear
Old 04-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Rookie

That is sick! How much did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking?
I paid way less than what I should have, we'll leave it at that.

useless strength upgrades when you havent got the front chassis brace upgraded to a turtle brace same with the rear
Are you talking about the orange flat parts that lay on top of the frame?
Old 04-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

NOT trying to be rud but they looks like KM parts
Old 04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cndnitro
NOT trying to be rud but they looks like KM parts
I see INTEGY on some...But on others, I was thinking the same thing since those aluminum anodized orange parts from KM come cheap and find pretty easy all over the net. But let me ask... Is there a difference also in the aluminum? Or is aluminum just aluminum and better then either plastics from HPI or KM... So would it even matter which or were the aluminum parts are from> Or does the KM upgrades bend as their plastics break...IDK, someone fill me in also since I am nrew to the 5th scale Bajas... Although, I heard enuff horror stories I bought the real deal and in the process of upgrading already with also real deal parts with "FUNCTION" no so much bling... No offense to the guy who started the thread... IMO, it gets rather expensive for no reason but shine and added weight....
Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *JayVee*
I see INTEGY on some...But on others, I was thinking the same thing since those aluminum anodized orange parts from KM come cheap and find pretty easy all over the net. But let me ask... Is there a difference also in the aluminum? Or is aluminum just aluminum and better then either plastics from HPI or KM... So would it even matter which or were the aluminum parts are from> Or does the KM upgrades bend as their plastics break...IDK, someone fill me in also since I am nrew to the 5th scale Bajas... Although, I heard enuff horror stories I bought the real deal and in the process of upgrading already with also real deal parts with "FUNCTION" no so much bling... No offense to the guy who started the thread... IMO, it gets rather expensive for no reason but shine and added weight....
everything KM does is cheap so don't expect it to last

it depends where you add aluminum, cars that big need strong parts I have aluminum in mine but not all over some parts need some flex in them
Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cndnitro
everything KM does is cheap so don't expect it to last

it depends where you add aluminum, cars that big need strong parts I have aluminum in mine but not all over some parts need some flex in them
TOTALLY AGREE! I have been mod'n my Baja very tastfully and only aquired aluminum on the (TR) shock towers. I didn't even get the aluminum braces that go with the fr/r shock tower set up since I believe if there is or will be that much force on the towers in stead of bending straight up with even a more ridged structure with the braces, why not let them flex before the bending point. So I opt for towers only and in addition to whatever HPI added to the SS kit.