Wiki Posts
Search

Custom 1/8 scale R/C sand rail build by jimmy_rigged

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Custom 1/8 scale R/C sand rail build by jimmy_rigged

Just thought Id share one of my threads....Ive seen many differet rail builds and wanted a one and only for myself.....Its actually almost done as of now so Ill post alot of pics as we go...Ive had alot of fun building this thing and Im totally ready to build another.......Heres the first post of my original thread...

So I saw a killer little sand rail in the classifieds the other day and just totaly fell in love, so I deceided to get off my ass and build me one..I really didnt want a prefab chassis. there was just somethign bout it that dosent lok right to me, so I also deceided to buid my own..(well see how that goes).lol ....This is the offical "Jimmy_rigged sand rail build thread. Ive fired up the photo bucket account so there be lots of pics! Give me a while to get some pics uploaded to photo bucket so I can start sharing. Feel free to comment....

So begins the saga....Tube chassis
Traxxas 3.3 (used $50 complete broke down car)
Almost alloy everything...( Im broke)
Panther paddles/ Alloy front skinnines

Wish me luck......lol

Theres been lots of changed since ive started, but all good.....Ima tryn post pics here at work but if not, ill post em up when I get home!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bottlefed
Just thought Id share one of my threads....Ive seen many differet rail builds and wanted a one and only for myself.....Its actually almost done as of now so Ill post alot of pics as we go...Ive had alot of fun building this thing and Im totally ready to build another.......Heres the first post of my original thread...

So I saw a killer little sand rail in the classifieds the other day and just totaly fell in love, so I deceided to get off my ass and build me one..I really didnt want a prefab chassis. there was just somethign bout it that dosent lok right to me, so I also deceided to buid my own..(well see how that goes).lol ....This is the offical "Jimmy_rigged sand rail build thread. Ive fired up the photo bucket account so there be lots of pics! Give me a while to get some pics uploaded to photo bucket so I can start sharing. Feel free to comment....

So begins the saga....Tube chassis
Traxxas 3.3 (used $50 complete broke down car)
Almost alloy everything...( Im broke)
Panther paddles/ Alloy front skinnines

Wish me luck......lol

Theres been lots of changed since ive started, but all good.....Ima tryn post pics here at work but if not, ill post em up when I get home!

awww, booo.....The site wont let me post PB pics.....I forgot you have to haev so many posts first
Old 02-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

send me a link to your PB account, i ll happily post the pics up for you.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timmahh
send me a link to your PB account, i ll happily post the pics up for you.
Theres kinda alot....ill just send you a list or url and you can copy and paste....that would be easier....will that work?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

here ya go.....

Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

and heres all the progress pics throughout the 2 month build process......Hope ya like.....sorrry so many.

Well finally got the rear end all done.....time to get the front done, a couple more details and then off to powdercoat! wooo hoo!

Finally back at it............I built a custom bulk head for the front end. I think it turned out great! Heres a couple pics...I also polished the tunned pipe! Hopefully I can get it to powdercoat this week..! I think were gona go with Kandy Purple..............

I actually built it twice....but I screwed it pup, so I had to build it over...booooooooooo!

Heres a couple pics of the graphics.........I dont mean to offend!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Suspended

man that looks great. one of the best 1/10th rails ive seen.

if you decide to do another, would you think bout doing 2?
would really dig to put one together. what would you charge for a raw frame, ready to use?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timmahh
man that looks great. one of the best 1/10th rails ive seen.

if you decide to do another, would you think bout doing 2?
would really dig to put one together. what would you charge for a raw frame, ready to use?
Im actually getting ready to start another one.....It will be similar but electric brushless in grass green.... as far as building one to sell, I probably would with the stipulations of no warranty, refunds or exchanges. I trust my own work, and if it breaks for some reason (Due to crash)its my own fault. if you break the one I built for you, your gona be pissed, and thats how things get started...ya know, I just dont want a bad rep. Im not saying your like that, but there are people like that.... Hope u understand
Old 02-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Suspended

i do understand. and those terms would be fair and acceptable.

thats what id be doing is a brushless setup. ive been thinking bout trying one, but my brazeing skillz are nill. so if i can find someone willing to make the chassis/frame and bulkheads, ect... i would need it to be chassis ready so all i would need to do is buy the additional componants and start assembly (ie bulkheads, frame, body panel tabs ect).
though i would be thinking of going with a 1/8th scale BL setup. so a bit beefier tubeing would likely be good.

but i really dig what youve done with it.

is the next one going to be about the same size layout?
pm me a possible cost guesstimate.

i have a few pics of some really nice 1:1 frames i was going to try to mimic. but they are very similar to the one you have.

funny, id be going with a bright candy green myself. lol
Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Pretty sweet for someone who's broke
Old 02-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cadimman
Pretty sweet for someone who's broke
I think it was more like I'm broke after the fact.... Lol
Old 02-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I was just ribbing you about the broke comment. Something like that is not cheap to build. Certainly more work than money, but still not cheap. That is one classy rail!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cadimman
I was just ribbing you about the broke comment. Something like that is not cheap to build. Certainly more work than money, but still not cheap. That is one classy rail!
haha... thanks man...Yeah it was alot of work.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've seen a couple hand made rails also,but you take the ribbon.you got mad skills bro....I realy want to atemp one also,you might have pushed me to start one.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by streetfreek
I've seen a couple hand made rails also,but you take the ribbon.you got mad skills bro....I realy want to atemp one also,you might have pushed me to start one.
definetly give it a shot...Its alot of fun building, and it can be done on a budget...I just got carried away...If you need help with anything hit me up....Im gona start my second one soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.