Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi Slider info???

I'm looking for info. about the Losi Slider?? I can't find a thread related to
this Sprint Car. I'd like to know who's racing them,where,what kind of tracks,
what class's are running,how's the car holding up,set ups for different tracks
IE: Carpet,parking lot,dirt,clay...

I'm asking because our local hobby shop is wanting to get this class going in
our area, but none of us knows much about this car other then it is a cheap
to buy RTR oval car that could be good for cost control oval racing.

Thanks for any and all info. guys.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Slider Racing

We run them on a 220' run-line dirt oval. We once had two heats a week, and ran a points series with them. After lots of different tries, here's what we eneded up running:

Losi Slider chassis, as it comes with both wings.
Any buggy tires (ours is a loose-dirt oval), but not truck tires
Any 19T brushed or 10.5 brushless motor and ESC (we had too many problems with the stock ESC)
Any 2-cell lipo or 6-cell Nimh pack

Since the class shrank over the summer, we opened it up to any 1/10 sprint-car chassis (yes that means CustomWorks too) with down-tube roll-cage and top and front wings. Otherwise, same rules.

The CW cars have not taken over on our track. I win pretty regularly but nobody dominates. Its a good even tight racing class that's lots of fun.

The only other item in the Slider that has proven weak (after almost 2 years of running them) is the gear diff. I'd suggest you allow the ball-diff in your rules. Otherwise they're fine cars for what they are.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The early kits had some bad ESCs. The later models had a much better ESC and we have seen little trouble with them. We run them box stock with only radio change and if they want to run a brushless motor, they run with open sprints. These are the basic rules at several of the tracks near me. I run the metal idler and metal diff gear and though the tranny is more nosy than stock, it seems to hold up well. We found some of the stock motors to be unreliable so we allow Losi 12 turn (Slider and Strike) and Traxxas 12 turn in stock class.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I failed to say that I run on a 185' run line dirt tri-oval flat dirt track. Cars are a blast and we all finish a race laughing our heads off.

They really do slide in the turns. WE run stock with the only mods being for endurance such as metal tranny gears, CVDs, etc.

There is also a thread on this forum titled "Losi 1/10th Slider". You may want to look at some of the posts on there.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I am wanting to get a 1/10 losi slider to race oval with,but I am afraid losi is about to release a new 1/10 slider like they did with the 1/18 slider.
what are ya'lls thoughts on this? Thanks,
Old 09-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default slider

not sure why they would bring out a new car because there is not alot wrong with the old car other then the old esc's and the trans but other then that they are a blast and we run on carpet