Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

HPI Super Electric RS4's W/Brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello guys. I have 2 Super RS4 and want to make one of them a drift. I have MambaMax 7700 for the one and one Novak unlimited ESC with brushed 3x13 turns motor. The last one is too weak for this big model and want to make it drifter. Can you suggest me 280 or 300mm wheelbase should I use? What are the + and - of bigger wheeelbase? I'll not race with them, all is just for fun.
Thanks a lot.
Stanislav
Old 03-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wish_Mastera
Hello guys. I have 2 Super RS4 and want to make one of them a drift. I have MambaMax 7700 for the one and one Novak unlimited ESC with brushed 3x13 turns motor. The last one is too weak for this big model and want to make it drifter. Can you suggest me 280 or 300mm wheelbase should I use? What are the + and - of bigger wheeelbase? I'll not race with them, all is just for fun.
Thanks a lot.
Stanislav
Good question. I can only offer my opinion--when I ran the 300mm wheelbase I could get the car to drift much easier. The shorter wheelbase makes the car turn quicker, which may be an advantage to initiate a drift, but I believe the longer 300mm will help you drift longer distances. Will you be removing the front drive belt? Do guys normally drift a 4WD car??

Check out 1:34 of this video for an idea:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for fast answering. I dont know should I remove the front belf or not.
... its easier to remove the dogbones just for the try. If I see good result, will remove the belt. I preffer to skip the belt removing because one of the RS4(the one I want to make drift) is very very used and screws cant tighten right. I have Murcielago and GT1 bodies and thats why I wounder which base should I use. Any other suggestions will be welcome.
I cant post videos and pics here, cos of my rating...

Thanks again.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default gear shaft for original RS4

My bro has the original single belt RS4 and he has snapped his gear shaft. This seems like a common problem from what I have read.

The part number is A190 but it is discontinued and we can't find one apart from in an expensive bundle on ebay.

Does anyone know if some of the similar parts like the A191 or A192 etc can be adapted to work?

Many thanks for any assistance that can be given.

Regards,

David.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nzitr
My bro has the original single belt RS4 and he has snapped his gear shaft. This seems like a common problem from what I have read.

The part number is A190 but it is discontinued and we can't find one apart from in an expensive bundle on ebay.

Does anyone know if some of the similar parts like the A191 or A192 etc can be adapted to work?

Regards,

David.
David, I am not sure what you can do with the RS4. Can you switch out a drive gear to help accommodate the other belts you mentioned? There is a company in the UK called Wheelspin that might have your belt--it is worth a try. Another option I have for you requires a little bit of effort. There is a company called Stock Drive Parts (SDP), look them on the web, they have belts for all types of applications. I can just about guarantee you will find your belt in their catalog--except it will not have a HPI part#!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think Davids problem is different.
The Original RS4 uses the single belt for the front drive only. The rear is driven from a gear drive train from the layshaft, similar to the way a 2WD offroad drivetrain is working.
From what I understand the layshaft is broken or another gearshaft from the other reardrive gears.
I think it will be very difficult getting that shaft somewhere. Maybe Ebay will be the only option. But you could try at Ebay in different countries. When I was searching a oneway for the Super RS4 (after this was discontinued) I finally found one in Australia if I remember right.

I will ask some friends if they have left something from their old HPI cars.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dangerwr
David, I am not sure what you can do with the RS4. Can you switch out a drive gear to help accommodate the other belts you mentioned? There is a company in the UK called Wheelspin that might have your belt--it is worth a try. Another option I have for you requires a little bit of effort. There is a company called Stock Drive Parts (SDP), look them on the web, they have belts for all types of applications. I can just about guarantee you will find your belt in their catalog--except it will not have a HPI part#!
Originally Posted by V12
I think Davids problem is different.
The Original RS4 uses the single belt for the front drive only. The rear is driven from a gear drive train from the layshaft, similar to the way a 2WD offroad drivetrain is working.
From what I understand the layshaft is broken or another gearshaft from the other reardrive gears.
I think it will be very difficult getting that shaft somewhere. Maybe Ebay will be the only option. But you could try at Ebay in different countries. When I was searching a oneway for the Super RS4 (after this was discontinued) I finally found one in Australia if I remember right.

I will ask some friends if they have left something from their old HPI cars.
Thanks for the help guys. Yeah my bro's problem is like V12 said the actual shaft it'self. My bro bought a bundle of rs4 parts but they were from a RS4 MT so they don't fit of course. I'm thinking he needs the actual part or to do the twin belt conversion that I have read about.

Cheers,

David.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah my bro's problem is like V12 said the actual shaft it'self. My bro bought a bundle of rs4 parts but they were from a RS4 MT so they don't fit of course. I'm thinking he needs the actual part or to do the twin belt conversion that I have read about.

Cheers,

David.
I just found a couple of new items on ebay so problem solved. Many thanks.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

I just found a couple of new items on ebay so problem solved. Many thanks.
Awesome! I always do saved searches on eBay in the event something pops up I have been looking for . . .
Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Regards,

David.
so i really needed part a192 as well. my favorite rs4 was just sitting there otherwise. i got a guy to machine me one and it works perfect. he said he could make more if people wanted them. it looks stronger than stock and i have been running mine for 2 months now with no problems. let me know if anyone needs one and i'll see what i can do. they use a different screw in the end to hold the spur thing on, but all other parts (gear pullys and bearings) go on perfect. they wont be super cheap, but better than a car that doesnt run.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
ITS HERE, GET THEM NOW!! $95.00 FOR CHASSIS KIT. WE DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY WE ARE GOING TO PRODUCE. PRE ORDER NOW.
We will have a few sets availible soon.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

We will have a few sets availible soon.
Let us know!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Re: HPI Super RS4 EP Chassis Set

Hi! The chassis set you have is made of fiberglass or carbon graphite? Can you upload some hi-resolution pictures please? Thanks.

Hi, we will be offering a graphite chassis for the super. it will be 3mm thick chassis, 2.5mm thick top plate with 3mm thick shock towers. kit will cost around $95.00
if you want info please email me at [email protected]
thanks
Old 07-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
Hi! The chassis set you have is made of fiberglass or carbon graphite? Can you upload some hi-resolution pictures please? Thanks.
I believe these were supposed to be carbon fiber--not glass or graphite. We shall see . . .
Old 07-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

How many teeth on front belt? Anyone knows? I couldn't find the stock A728 front belt... I think I need to special order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.