Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Quote: Originally Posted by teknorc Exactly. Thanks! No problem, now if you can answer some of the questions I posted, we can figure out the best combos for your track and GT racers in your area will have all the traction they'll need. Now if we can get a good dealer in California to support Ipanema products, racers will enjoy the quality tires that have won almost every big GT race in North America for the past 3 years too. All the best!
Just out if curiosity, what other tyre brands were your ipanema tyres competing against in the big GT races?
Old 07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Raman,

We don’t feel its proper business etiquette to speak against our competitor’s products, but rather find it to be more respectful to focus on our product's strong points and doing everything possible help GT racers get the best track performance from their GT cars.

GT racing is not a "sideline" for us, GT racing is what Ipanema is all about.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Interesting business etiquette to claim your tyres dominate the major GT events yet not list who the competitors were.. Where I come from it's called smoke and mirrors lol
Old 07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

I wonder if Pirelli, Michelin & Dunlop follow the same business etiquette in the 1:1 world
Old 07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raman
Interesting business etiquette to claim your tyres dominate the major GT events yet not list who the competitors were.. Where I come from it's called smoke and mirrors lol
Raman,

That kinda stuff you're taking about is just wrong.

Take a chill pill, this kinda stuff isn’t gonna help GT racing grow.

I think the best way to grow all forms of GT racing is for us to be united “cool about it” racers.

If me trying to explain how natural rubber works, how to tell it is working correctly, how to dial in our slicks to the track they’re running on, or explaining our commitment to GT racing victories bothers you, it can’t be helped.

Helping GT racers to have fun and winning more races is what Ipanema is about, plain & simple.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Raman,

Don’t get involved arguing with this idiot.

His alternative Motive is ONLY to push a product that he is peddling & not to actually to promote GT racing as he claims that’s just a facade. Last time RC tech had so many people disagreeing with him they had to delete the whole thread he has so many friends

How many so called BIG GT races have there been in the last 3 years anyway? Even his own 1st race was won by an OFNA tire.

Got to love that Jedi mind trick to point a finger at you or anyone else that disagrees and say we are the ones to bring GT racing and fun down and not help it grow, what a Jerk.

Funny how 1 person working out of his home waiting on the slow boat from Brazil talks so much crap about a product he buys and then repackages with his own name.

We have to continually read more Jedi mind tricks like he invented rubber tires or had anything to do with its conception or Ipanema is some kind of mega Corporation with more than 1 employee. (Maybe he will let you buy stock in his company)

Thank God we have choices like Sweep, GQ, PMT, ALPHA, GRP, OFNA & other solid reputable companies that don’t freak out anytime we disagree or don’t care for something they sell.

Count yourself lucky we have not got the so called Chemist explanation yet about his Superior product but I am sure it’s yet to come.

A good product sells itself, someone who has to tell you continually every post how much they do for the R/C community obviously has a few issues.

If you agree with him you are United if not you are the Problem that should be the Ipanema Slogan

Wonder if he takes his own Medicine and takes a chill pill? Smart Money says NO
Old 07-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

1. If you're here to offer technical support with your products thats great we welcome it..

2. If you are going to brag about your products success, then back it up with some hard verifiable statistics. Otherwise, please leave your propaganda out of this thread.

3. We have the right to compare your product with other similar products to better inform ourselves, without having you tell us were wrong, or we don't know what we're doing.

4. Practice what you preach and understand that NOT everyone is going to love your product.... you can't win them all, and be alright with it and move on.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Wow!

So many rants from lunatics fueled by personal hatred alone, sad indeed….

I merely explained how & why rubber tires work and offer suggestions from experience. As far as our customer’s racing success goes, who wouldn’t be proud of them?

Instead of filling this new GT thread with nonsense & more hate, check out this Ofna DM1S with our Warrior GT body and 5 Spoke Track Star slicks with firm foam inserts.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

That body looks like a late model with that rear molded wing.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sometime its not good to think out loud ...j its not hate like raman said some people may like brands that work...if the guys from tekno say it didn't work pm the guy set up a day or race day do research... its indy & nascar you have goodyear & other manufactors out there constantly doing research make their brand stand out
Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

+1 Bobby.

Lets get this thread back on track, so we don't risk having a moderator delete the info we have all shared.

Who makes a battery tray that will fit 6S?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a ton of Ipanema tires, a set of PMT's, some Kyosho slicks, ohh and just got a set of Ofna foams to run at WCRCR. Personally, I like options.

Now from a customers standpoint, I appreciate product promotion like photos (Ipanema Warrior body above is a beauty), videos (Tekno RC laying down some fast laps while using the Elektri-clutch), etc. Please keep them coming as long as they benefit us in the hobby and most importantly the particular RC discipline we chose.

Also, educate us without making us feel like we are stupid. We maybe ignorant to the proper use of your product at time, but it's your job to teach us how to use them in the correct manner in the nicest possible way. If you don't, your gonna get flamed, ranted on, and called on it especially on a public forum.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Who makes a battery tray that will fit 6S?
Tekno RC does Raman, but the side walls are shorter than a RC-Monster tray. I have an extra Tekno tray along with the shocks I promised you that I haven't sent out yet....
Old 07-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

+1 on the Tekno tray. I'm (actually Tekno Driver Zac is) running a 6S pack in my converted Kyosho GT2. The three strap system accommodates all packs securely. I've been running the same packs on my Losi 8ight-T truggy for over a year without any incidents. Definitely consider the Tekno tray and straps. A good investment in protecting your expensive packs!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i agree,tekno battery tray is the shhh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.