Wiki Posts
Search

HPI BAJA 5B CLONES

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahh

theres a reason alot of US made items cost more. frankly they are MADE BETTER.
There is also higher labor costs, enviromental standards, legal fees just to name a few.

The thing that a lot of people can't get past their head is because it costs more money does not mean it is better.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
In my previous life I worked with the firearms industry. I can say loudly that plastic are not all made equally. In racing reciently against a clone I saw the front end of the clone fall apart when running against me. Mind you, I did not hit or touch in anyway this other person's KM Baja. My 5T running on the same surface suffered no problems or breakages.
There is no doubt that there are different formulations of plastics, in the experence I have had in owing a clone and an HPI, I can say that the HPI arms seem stronger and less bendy. The clone arms where much more flexable, they would bend a great deal more before snapping. What is better depends on what you define as better. Same with the Al. parts, different processes will produce a different product.

Your example with the two cars is pretty hollow. You don't know the condition of the car you where running with. Was it held together with 5min epoxy and fishing twine? But I am sure now you will say it was fresh out of the box.

All I am saying is that expecially in this economy if someone wants to buy the $400 car over the $1000 car don't be an a$$ about it. You might not agree with his choice, but he is in the RC hobby and growing the 1/5 scale segment.
A segment that is very small, and very expensive.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cherokee
Your example with the two cars is pretty hollow. You don't know the condition of the car you where running with. Was it held together with 5min epoxy and fishing twine? But I am sure now you will say it was fresh out of the box.
The two vehicals were not the same age. I would run his ass with my 5Bss which is older and the result would be the same. His KM was not held together with twine, epoxy, or duct tape. I'm not the type of person who has the power to predict what someone can say or what they are thinking. The fact is that his car broke due to it being an inferior product with made with inferior materials. This weekend, I met him at the hobby shop picking up his new Baja 2.0.

BTW, he did have the money to by a HPI Baja from the start.

I'm finished talking about this topic. Everyone enjoy their HPI Baja or KM, LC, IMAX and other Baja 1/5 scales clones.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
The two vehicals were not the same age. I would run his ass with my 5Bss which is older and the result would be the same. His KM was not held together with twine, epoxy, or duct tape. I'm not the type of person who has the power to predict what someone can say or what they are thinking. The fact is that his car broke due to it being an inferior product with made with inferior materials. This weekend, I met him at the hobby shop picking up his new Baja 2.0.

BTW, he did have the money to by a HPI Baja from the start.

I'm finished talking about this topic. Everyone enjoy their HPI Baja or KM, LC, IMAX and other Baja 1/5 scales clones.

I figured as much, if there was a responce to my post this is what I would expect...you took debate class right as you hit on every point but you don't have the sources to back it up......oops wait they are coming

Bottom line....

I don't care....have fun with whatever you own, I won't bash you and I am bigger if you decide to bash me. (outside of the Ford vs. Chevy and bench racing type thing)

If you have a problem I will try to help you, not say that you bought chinese crap, I won't say you where stupid or any such thing, get this part # to get your car fixed, and lets go have some fun.

That IS what it is all about...FUN...don't get too worked up about any of this stuff, as long as you have a good time and don't ruin anyone elses good time its all cool.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nib
im pretty sure darksoul,turtle,fasteddy,and all the other guys that make all the killer 5b/5t stuff will agree that the clones are a ripoff of HPI and i really doubt they would miss any bussiness generated by clones especially when bottom feeders like integy are directly ripping off designs from the "little guys"
But they sell there parts to people who own cloans,and take there money...they do alot to talk trash about clones and should say they dont want there business then.

And i wouldnt call the largest manufacturer of alloy parts for the rc industry a "bottom feeder" ..INTEGY is larger then all those guys together and in the business for a much longer time. whos the bottom feeder now.

why dont you keep that kind of talk for the bajaforum,thats where they peddle there stuff and cry about anyone they cant compete with.

Last edited by VICTORY-RC; 03-21-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VICTORY-RC
But they sell there parts to people who own cloans,and take there money...they do alot to talk trash about clones and should say they dont want there business then.

And i wouldnt call the largest manufacturer of alloy parts for the rc industry a "bottom feeder" ..INTEGY is larger then all those guys together and in the business for a much longer time. whos the bottom feeder now.

why dont you keep that kind of talk for the bajaforum,thats where they peddle there stuff and cry about anyone they cant compete with.
Boy your a Real Work of Art. You run your lips and get yourself banned off HBF because of your own Lack of common sence. even after you were ALLOWED BACK ON HBF twice, you got yourself banned again.

your the Perfect Integy Choir Boy. Lack of Education, Lack of Dignity, LACK OF INTEGRITY, and a general Lack of Common Sence to boot.

You CF Bodys your trying to sell for top dollar arent worth the cloth they are made from, and still wouldnt be worth what they were made from it if they were made out of notebook paper.

Preach On Bro Victory. your singing to the congrigation of YOU.

Last edited by Timmahh; 03-23-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahh
Boy your a Real Work of Art. You run your lips and get yourself banned off HBF because of your own Lack of common sence. even after you were ALLOWED BACK ON HBF twice, you got yourself banned again.

your the Perfect Integy Choir Boy. Lack of Education, Lack of Dignity, LACK OF INTEGRITY, and a general Lack of Common Sence to boot.

You CF Bodys your trying to sell for top dollar arent worth the cloth they are made from, and still wouldnt be worth what they were made from it if they were made out of notebook paper.

Preach On Bro Victory. your singing to the congrigation of YOU.

your right, they arnt as dignified as bottom feeders are. how bout we just call you both CRAP i scrapped off my shoe yesterday?
He is right in one aspect though, everyone is always riding the e-cawk of those guys like TGN, DDM, and others... You can't even have a decent conversation about Picco switch failsafes because someone will start crying foul unless you buy one that is grossly overpriced $100. Build your own people! I sold my Baja.. that forum drove me nuts, too much hand holding going on and the moderators were too overzealous.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovaladdict
I hate to say it, but in short, the majority of r/c buyers are under the false impression of, "if it costs more, it must be be better", and therefor "faster" and better yet, "my friends will respect me more" because like a typical competitive type, "$$$I spent more$$$"
Come on guys, this whole thread is macho crap.I'll bet half of you drive real cars that contain parts that were designed from another make/model/manufacturer....
Talking on and on about the quality "not being there" on the clones.REALLY???
THESE HOBBY STANDARD COMPANIES HAVE YOU ALL FOOLED AND PAYING OUT YOUR BUTTS FOR PARTS THAT BRAKE JUST AS EASILY AS THOSE CLONE PARTS DO !!! PLASTIC IS PLASTIC, all day long, and just because a company with a domestic p.o. box in cali. somewhere swears that they put a pinch of teflon in their part, doesnt do that part any good in a 40 mph crash with the A-main leader!!! PUT IT THIS WAY-LETS RUN A LEXUS INTO A FORD AND SEE WICH ONE DOESN'T SMASH? just because you paid double doesnt mean you got a better deal, it just means you got fooled into the sales pitch they paid their marketing team to come up with in order to get your money !!come on, do you really beLIEve any of the better known companies sell better quality parts? They manufacture parts that wear out and brake in order to sell more parts and more expensive "upgrades". Before you know it, youve got a thousand dollars into a entry level car, that..guess what?..still wears its clutch out, still goes through body mounts, and still needs the occasional teardown of the diff, The only "diff." is you paid twice as much as i did from the start! SUCKER! and you all learned this your freshman year of economics !It's how companies grow and make profit, it's called ignorant consumers,stuck on the ideas sold to them with $10,000 ads stratigically placed in our monthly magazines we all love so much. Count the ad pages vs. the informative articles. STOP BEING SOLD AND LEARN HOW TO SHOP !!........25+ years in this hobby,10 years in the plastics industry,take my advice,keep a hold of your hard earned cash and let the big names in this industry suffer for their greed!!!!
This post is the biggest failure I have ever seen on the internet! What a crock of sh*t you're spewing there. What's sad is that someone might actually listen to you. And you're a retard for the Ford vs Lexus analogy, just an absolute retard.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default speak for yourself

ohhh please dont hurt my feelings

No preaching,just facts of integy bashing at your forum that you love,and why dont you keep your slander there.

The best thing about it is people are learning how its run and leaving haaa haaa haaa make sure you resubscribe automaticly like on the recent post there... It was asked i pay $100 to surf/sell there ...your crazy ...im still there for free. someone needs a job it sounds like. .. just send $$$ ...sure ......good luck with it.

If you love that forum so much stay there,its just the place for you.
.. and cry about integy.For your info i realy dont care about the forum 2 chances or what ever your talking about.I sure wont send $100 to surf or sell there like was asked..its run like china,every post is edited if it competes with there mission statement to slander anyone who challenges the "guys to the left" ... you cant handle it ..you wish you were as big as integy ...and you gotta remove posts and slander integy and other manufactures larger then you.so go back to your little forum and keep up the good work ....

and leave the slander there before this forum gets a legel letter from integy like you guys got for those types of posts. kepp up the struggle,its funny

hope that helps.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Suspended

you spew that like you think im a Mod. IM not, Im an Owner/User. i have owned integy in the past, it was junk then on a 5 lbs nitro, and that was before i really found out thier unethical business tatics. i wont support it at all, and will warn others of it. If they want to waiste their money on it, all i can say is a fool and his money are soon parted.

Vic, your SUCH A SMART GUY, ask yourself this. WHY are these CLONE Threads really about 2 companies, KM Motors, and Integy? if all clones where the scum of the earth, then why isnt IMEX or FS hit so hard? i ll tell you why, BECUZ THEY CAN DESIGN AND R&D THEIR OWN PRODUCTS.

Last edited by Timmahh; 03-23-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow good job

No Im serious

Your a buddy with a cnc guy (up in michigan)who competes with integy...dont act like your just " into the hobby"

You feel a need to trash the names of business if they compete with your "friends"... thats bad for the hobby,get a better marketing plan. and people are getting tired of it ... If you dont have anything nice to say just keep quiet like any normal person would and move on.

But you on the other hand feel a need to attack any chance you can,I guess that should be no suprise from the likes of you.

Oh,and as you attacked me.... heres a picture of MY carbon fiber body you dont like,its made in the good old USA .AND ITS 1/5 TH THE COST OF THE "OTHER GUYS"

And seeing as you have 18,ooo posts on the other website.... im sure youl spew more of your trash. (try to keep it at the other forum,its getting old)

Hope that helps.

Even more of my work your trying to slander---> http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...view=slideshow

Old 03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Suspended

again your ASSUMING ALOT. 1st I didnt Meet Dave at Turtle Racing Products until after the baja was out a yr. so ive known Dave, RC and Personally for a bit over 2yrs now. Ive been a LONG TIME Intecrap protester for the 6 yrs ive been Back into the Hobby. when i came back in i made to of the biggest NUB errors that can be made. 1. is i bought a TMAXX, 2nd is i BOUGHT Intecrap parts thinking they were GOOD.

well i have not madeTHOSE Two mistakes again. AND i will do what i can to help ensure other nubs dont have the same fustration and headache i had with the inticrap parts.

So your ASSumption is so far off being a Fact, its mythological.

i am done. my previous posts reflect my opinion on them. which if you check, you will find is the General consensus of most any US Hobbiest who really are into the business and development side of the hobby.enough said.

i am also editing my posts above.
i wont play your game vic.

Last edited by Timmahh; 03-23-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

As it has been said Baja owners are some of the most......ah.....passionate....people out there. I don't remember the owners of Yankee, Raco, Kyosho, even Traxxas, just to name a few large scale owners being this....passionate (thats a nice word for it).

They are all just RC toys folks, go out and run a tank in the thing and get off the soap box for a few minutes....nothing worth getting worked up over...it is all for fun, unless you are one of the hand full of people that make your living out of playing with these toys.

Give it a rest.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default a living

Very well said.thank you
Old 03-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know if its a clone of something or not but a local company carries these, htey have parts support and they are getting parts made in a machine shop. They a a try out day at a local track and I tried one and really liked it. There where a few of them that people where drivng and I did not rally see a lot break. I was getting sick of the small stuff. ANyway I did buy one and yet have had no trouble with. It came with the basic am radio, which I replaced with specktrum and I made my own rx back out of some sub c cells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.