301 Raceway 5th Scale Points Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

301 Raceway 5th Scale Points Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Wow, this class grows more every week! Can't wait till March 28th!!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default I hope 5th grows a lot at 301

I wish we had enough guys to race every week or every other week in 5th locally at 301 I would sell all my nitro stuff.

Can anyone recomend how many diff compound of tires would be used on a typical day. From racing my DM1 on rubber tires I relize that I need harder tires in the middle of the day when the sun is out and softer ones when the sun goes down. What would be a good starting point in the spring when it cool and about 70 degrees. Do most of you use the same compound on all 4 tires or harder up front? Future Home of a EVO 08.

Ronnie
Old 02-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default FG parts

Guys, I'm selling some FG parts. I have an FG Competition 04 long chassis and a complete 04 alloy front end with sway bar and hubs. Both pieces are used but in great shape. If any of you guys are running a Sportsline and want to upgrade, here you go. PM me for pics and price, thanks.

Last edited by rpespo; 02-21-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Holeshot
I wish we had enough guys to race every week or every other week in 5th locally at 301 I would sell all my nitro stuff.

Can anyone recomend how many diff compound of tires would be used on a typical day. From racing my DM1 on rubber tires I relize that I need harder tires in the middle of the day when the sun is out and softer ones when the sun goes down. What would be a good starting point in the spring when it cool and about 70 degrees. Do most of you use the same compound on all 4 tires or harder up front? Future Home of a EVO 08.

Ronnie
I've always had good luck with GRP A's front and back, even in the dead of summer and never had any overheating issues. Some others use B's in front and A's in back. I'd say any combination of A's and B's are fine.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Another 1/5 scale driver to the list!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by LuisR
dam, another racer!!!!!!
So how many local drivers are we going to have now???
Let see,
-Carlton C.
-Steve N.
-Will
-Melvin
-Jay
-Arthur ????
-Paul (New 1/5 driver)
-LuisR (myself)
-Ronnie (New 1/5 driver)

That is 8 drivers not including the two drivers that Carlton mentioned before, and I don't know if they are local.

and that is local only, if I include out of state we are talking of over 14 drivers!!!!!!!! sweet!!!!!
This is nearly 10 local drivers..... ... and more to come!!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

hey hows everyone.i will be there too with my fg comp,even tho its a older version driving skills and car setup is not a problem so we will se if i need a new car.anyone know if parts from the new version can fit on the older comps
Old 02-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sdotmoney
hey hows everyone.i will be there too with my fg comp,even tho its a older version driving skills and car setup is not a problem so we will se if i need a new car.anyone know if parts from the new version can fit on the older comps
Most parts will fit. The front end and rear end are the only parts that will bolt right on, and those are the the only parts that will give you a noticeable increase in performance. Mainly because of the ball and cup swaybars they use on the newer models that make it easier to set the car up. Hope this helps.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Default welcome sdotmoney

Originally Posted by Sdotmoney
Well so will you racing with us at 301 raceway? and if so what class or classes will you be ?entering? The classes are GT and Super Sedan and my favorite Formula one?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

How do you guys at 301 raceway make your curbing. From a closeup it looks like folded sheet metal? How is it attached together.

Thanks in advance.
John
Old 02-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
How do you guys at 301 raceway make your curbing. From a closeup it looks like folded sheet metal? How is it attached together.

Thanks in advance.
John
if you are talking about the Red and White curbs then, yes. They work pretty good and can be moved in case you want to change the track layout.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Luis-Thanks.
Are the steel plates heavy enough to stay put are are they attached together somehow.
John
Old 02-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Luis-Thanks.
Are the steel plates heavy enough to stay put are are they attached together somehow.
John
yep, they stay in place when we race.
LRR
Old 02-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Holeshot
Ronnie
Well, almost 10 local drivers and about 5 drivers coming at LEAST once a month from L.I. for the point series... If that is not enough for you to sell all your nitro stuff, I don't know what will....

I'll put it to you this way. In my case, I only had to see one car (Carlton's car) to sell all my nitro stuff.

Don't worry, by the way things are coming I think we will have a full grid this summer and many years to come.

LRR
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Default hey John,

Thanks in advance.
John
hey John,

301 raceway does have removal steel curbs and there are some places on the track where these metal curbings are fixed to the track.....the track can be changed to make it shorter and smalled for the electrical car forthe races during special events with the nitro cars. in most case including the 1/5 scale cars they don't move when they come in contact with them. Yes these crubing do have some weight to them and the way they have been designed.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks a lot guys. I'll pass the curbing information along.
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.