Search

1/8th Scale On-road

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by TambokGT
Keith,
Did you get the PM I sent you? You're toy is on it's way.

BTW are those all rubber throughout? Is there a possiblity we can get it out and true it in our rims?
Ya I got it...cant wait

and im not quite sure if they are rubber throughout..pretty wild though.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Turbo9000,

Are those really for 1/8th scale on road?

Where do you get them from?
Heh... ya they are for parsec's sigma 1/8 car. I have no idea where to get these. Parsec stuff is really hard to find now.

I'll post the site address later where i got the pic.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Heres that page-http://www.parseconline.de.vu/
Old 02-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

I remember Parsec's and BMts in the late 80's...BMt was kicking Serpent's butt during that time. They were high tech cars and people were so astounded by the r/c technology those cars have.....3 speed gearbox and so on.....ahhh those were the days. I was just an avid fan during that time 'coz those cars were so damn pricey.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Philip,

What parts did you need for your picco. I am heading to the track tomorrow and I can find out for you. That way you wont have to wait till late afternoon to call them..

Incidentally, what motor do you use on your Integra?
Old 02-14-2003, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Ron,
I need the 2 speed Gearbox shaft for my Picco Integra...I need 2 of 'em...coz my brother broke his too.

I run the Novarossi R1 Race engine. I would really appreciate it if you can check it for me.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TambokGT
Ron,
I need the 2 speed Gearbox shaft for my Picco Integra...I need 2 of 'em...coz my brother broke his too.

I run the Novarossi R1 Race engine. I would really appreciate it if you can check it for me.
No problemo my friend...

Will let you know later...
Old 02-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

im curious about this....unless roar changed the rules, the rules for 1/8 say that a 3 speed is allowed.....why aren't manufactures adding 3 sppeds to their cars....is it that there is no use for one???? Just a thought
Old 02-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Switch Blade
im curious about this....unless roar changed the rules, the rules for 1/8 say that a 3 speed is allowed.....why aren't manufactures adding 3 sppeds to their cars....is it that there is no use for one???? Just a thought
Three Speed..... I like that idea!
Old 02-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Switch Blade
I would guess it has to do with the engine's size, power and RPM range, combined with the average track size that most of us run 1/8th scale on. Now, if you needed the car to run on tracks with 300ft. plus straightaways, a three speed would definitely kick butt.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

A 2-speed is enough for most tracks...and for the 3-speed to even get into 3rd gear on the track( and pull some effective speed out of it) its gotta have some pretty short gearing. It seems with short gearing theres gonna be alot of shifting... and the engine won't put down as much power in between gears. maybe if everything was used in moderation you could pull it off. It would be really sweet in the straights!!

With a 2-stroke roaring at +30,000rpms the engine can put down the power more effectively...theres plenty of top end to get you though the straights .

-thats my theory-any comments appreiciated
I need to get my BMT running to test it out.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Just wanted to say Hello to everyone!

Hey Everyone! Just found this site and glad that i did! My name is Jim and iam 36 yrs old and live in Bishop,Ca, My love of RC started back in 1976 with the popular "COX" series of cars and planes...more cars than planes Anyway over the years of grasshoppers, Blackfoots,RC10s Bolink pan cars,slot cars..the list goes on. I grew up in burbank calif and worked in glendale for many years, my "RC hangouts" were robins Rc world (glendale), the old TA hobby lobby in burbank ( actually grew up in there LOL ),and the one that was in passadena for awhile, I started with a few 1/10 gas models and with finally enough cash, i have purchased a Vector 2000 spec on road last year, it was a hard decision,because i wanted the MUGEN MXR2 But went with the vector...We will see I hope i have made the right choice. Anyway over the last couple of years i have purchased parts that i thought would make a difference in the car and did not start to build the kit, and as of now iam finally getting it all together Iam going with the Paris modified RX1 21 Engine, I purchased this all from the hobby store "gizmo's" in burbank. I visit family and friends in the area once in awhile, I was a little unhappy with them because they were going to "order" me some parts that were not in stock ..and they kinda blew me off..after i spent some serious cash there...But no hard feelings there is always mail order Anyway i see alot of serious racers here and hope to get some good advise from you all, Sorry this is so long..see ya!
Old 02-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

cool......try dropping by at KZ Speedway in Sun Valley just next to Burbank.......1/8, 1/10 on road race every Sunday.

Where's Bishop ,CA?
Old 02-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Cool Thanks!

Hey thanks, i had heard some people talking about that track when i was down a gizmos,but when i asked about it they said it was not finished,where is it at? Bishop is a 4 1/2 drive north on hwy395 iam just 40 miles south of mammoth ski lodge! I don't come down often as i would like but when i do i will definitly look up that track!
Old 02-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Cool Thanks!

Originally posted by VectorJim
Hey thanks, i had heard some people talking about that track when i was down a gizmos,but when i asked about it they said it was not finished,where is it at? Bishop is a 4 1/2 drive north on hwy395 iam just 40 miles south of mammoth ski lodge! I don't come down often as i would like but when i do i will definitly look up that track!
Here it is Jim..

www.kzspeedway.com

very L-A-R-G-E and F-A-S-T track. $10 to practice and race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.