Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Lets see some Oval cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Another Oval Spec-R class car for the upcoming VELODROME Race in So-Cal this next weekend. This one belongs to Chris Anadon

Old 04-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Did somebody say oval?

Here are some oval bodies I recently finished.

Slash oval, 1/8th late model body, stock slash, 17.5 brushless in blinky mode or 12T titan and stock esc, tires of your choice. The stock 12T motor and esc combo has much more torque than the brushless and the Duratrax Antic foams work great on the black carpet, much better than mudboss foams. I started painting the body about 11pm the night before a race so it was a rattle can rush job and pretty basic.

The number 13 is my sons soccer number and the transformers scheme was his idea.

These two bodies I finished last night. 17.5 sportsman truck and SLO class. The SLO class is pretty much VTA rules, any body and any rubber tire.

I was able to take my time with these bodies. It felt good to get my $20 Testors airbrush out of storage after 20 years and paint some bodies again. Even the can of air was still good after 20 years. I did have to buy new paint though, it turns funny colors and gets pretty chunky sitting for that long. Vinyl numbers and Transformer logos are on the way to complete the Autobots Oval Team scheme (an 8 year olds imagination is wonderful).
Old 09-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My Ofna king headz 1/8 nitro

Had a blast this year in PNW at Skagit River Raceeay
Old 10-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Just got back into racing RC(didnt realize there were tracks still around here)

Here is my RJ Speed Legends breakout car (6.0 sec at the Rug in King, NC) and my RJ Speed Spec Modified (class rules only allow 1800mah dynamite lipo and 20t dynamite brushed closed endbell motor)