Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i bid it for troy i want to see him run it
Old 04-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

If you win maybe Boomer can make a mold of it. Who knows, Troy might like it.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Finally…

The 2002 NORRCA OnRoad Nationals Entry form is out:

Old 04-17-2002, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Default More blah on Camarillo

I just got off the phone with Eric from Hobby Shack and Jeff. Jeff’s not going to make it Sunday (he has “work to do around the shop”) so that pretty much guarantees that we won’t have enough Intermediates at Camarillo to create our split classes. So, Eric’s going to go ahead and get us all setup on the computer before we get there this time as one class, five min., earlyish in the race day unless someone else changes it between now and Sunday.

I figure that this is our turnout:
Going for sure: 1. Boomer 2. Colin 3. Donny 4. Art 5. Ron 6. Myself 7. Lee 8. Joe 9. Erik 10. Todd

Most likely: 11. Richard 12. Bill Wallace

Who knows?: 13. Dave Long 14. Did anyone tell Dennis? 15+ In the past 1to3 locals have ran with us.

We should have a decent overall turnout.

Last edited by MarkA; 04-17-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I'll say!

No biggy, remember, we will be scored within our classes. Running together won't matter for points.

Btw, I noticed (and Donny agrees) that my first casting would turn GREAT to the left but not so well to the right. . . heh I didn't check to see how straight the mold was. . .

So, I re-cast the Peug tonight and it looks a lot better and I checked the straightness of the mold. . .I'm hopeful

Also, I think I will pop in on Saturday for a couple of hours to cut down tires and do any of that kinda thing that we need to do. Donny might come with me, but we won't be racing Saturday. . .just too late to get back and then turn around and drive to Cam. . .
Old 04-17-2002, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool Well..now I've heard it all.....

I had my hair cut explained to me today.....I have "a white man's afro"........by the way, what tires work at Camarillo?

Last edited by Graphitedust; 04-17-2002 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Greens all the way around. At Camarillo, you'll basically use your SoCal setup and adapt your driving style. You could soften the rear shock slightly, turn down the d/r and/or exp. on your radio but it's really a hardcore drivers track. Power matters little, car control is everything.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, shameless plug...

Besides my new Tuning Guide I have also opened up my Message Forums page.

Stop on by and post some good info..

Thanks.

Hey Anton, you going to Camarillo?
Old 04-18-2002, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, I'll be there; "myself" is #6 on the list above.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Just a reminder - the map that Hobby People provides is WRONG!!! It shows taking a RIGHT onto Pleasant Valley Rd - take a LEFT.

If you want to provide yourself with your favorite online map (I prever www.mapsonus.com) the address of Freedom Park (where the race will be held) is:

275 E Pleasant Valley Rd, Camarillo CA

Signups end at 8:30 and electric practice ends at 8:10.

I do not know if there is electricity, so I am going to speak with Don and try and bring a generator. I am also bringing several tables as well as the giguntic awning. I only ask that if you shelter under it, you help put up or down.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR!!! Standing all day suck$!!

Last edited by Boomer; 04-18-2002 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Boomer
Just a reminder - the map that Hobby People provides is WRONG!!! It shows taking a RIGHT onto Pleasant Valley Rd - take a LEFT.

If you want to provide yourself with your favorite online map (I prever www.mapsonus.com) the address of Freedom Park (where the race will be held) is:

275 E Pleasant Valley Rd, Camarillo CA

Signups end at 8:30 and electric practice ends at 8:10.

I do not know if there is electricity, so I am going to speak with Don and try and bring a generator. I am also bringing several tables as well as the giguntic awning. I only ask that if you shelter under it, you help put up or down.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR!!! Standing all day suck$!!
Yes, they have AC power but it can't handle stuff like a lot of air compressors. Bring cords and outlet strips though.

The Hobby Shack map is correct; North is just at the RH side of the map rather than the top. For us coming up from LA on the 101, you'll exit at Los Posas, go left on Los Posas, take that until you get to Pleasant Valley and then you'll go RIGHT. The park will then be on your right past the airport. Once you see the park, pull in the park's entrance and you can't miss the track.

Also, I have yet to see any kind of Nitro/Electric control for practice, at least as far as Camarillo's Hobby Shack races go, so unless it's something new, I don't think we have to worry about our practice time ending at 8:10. What we do need to worry about in open practice are T-MAXX's that don't exactly follow the track layout if you know what I mean.

Last edited by MarkA; 04-18-2002 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So who all going to the NORRCA On-Road Nat's?
Old 04-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

I was just informed that my boss is actually going to close our office for the first two weeks of June (nice timing, neh?) and actually force me to take vacation. . . no "I need to do. . . ." or anything, I'm on vacation!

So, I will be at Norrca and I think I will be at ROAR at the end of July as well. . .
Old 04-18-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Ok, im going to Camarillo with Mark, I got a ride form my mom, though I wouldnt be supprised if she got my dad to do it anyway...

As for the NORRCA, I still need to see from my teachers, but I might just take a sick day anyway, my parrents are finaly comming to the conclusion that I DO NEED A VACATION! As funding goes. Its gonna be close, I might need a loan, or something. I have the $105 for tires, the $50 for entry, and another $40 to last me 6 weeks. Thats bare minimum, but It also needs to be noted that I might need a new motor, and a new body. Thats $10 too short. I might get some work along the way, but that does not include anything else to this point. I will be going throught the normal parts that need to go, i.e. tires, gears, etc. Im figuring 4 pair of fronts for the nats, and 2 rear. That leaves 1 front and 1 rear for 6 weeks. So, I will need more tires too. I need to sort out all of the financial before I can send in an entry form. This is the time I would really love a sponsor to help out, even if it was just the entry fee, thats big to me. Another problem is the ride every day, since we plan to drive back, I would need a ride bright and early in the morning, and old pops isnt to excited, not that he should be.

As for ROAR, I can make that no problem it seems. Since it is after school, no conflict there, and for money, I have a B-day before, so I shouldnt be too bad. The biggest issue is that since I would most likely be car pooling with Mark, as always a ride is an issue, though not as big, my mom might be able to help.

I guess I really need to sell those computer parts after all. That $100 would come in handy, lol.

Old 04-18-2002, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Colin - be at my place a little before 5am so we can load up.

BTW, Hot Rod is outdoors and looks like it's sealed so it should be more along the lines of Perris/Camarillo tire wear as opposed to SoCal/Speedworld.

I'll be mailing my NORRCA entry form on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.