Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

1/10th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am very glad to see all you guys interested in helping to bring Pro10 back (whether with 4 cells or 6). For all you guys that are interested, Last week a friend launched a web forum for a little race called the US Pan Car Championships, which will be held next year. We have 10 members and Im hoping to get more as the year progresses. The link for that can be found in my signature along with Taz's. Oh and Mark, I talked to my webguy and everything will be in order with the website in time for RCX next weekend.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by MarkA
FYI, the ROAR rules now state, "Wings are not allowed on electric cars using this body type" under the GTP body rules section of the 2004 rulebook so I would not bring only that kind of body to Portland - not that I think you'd only bring one body style but just be aware of that.
You are absolutely correct, Mark. I forgot about that rule change (3 or 4 years ago).

I dragged out on of Ken’s color brochures and checked my statements about his bodies. All of his bodies have kick-ups on the rear of his bodies except for the Peugeot 905. It does not have a kick-up. You have to run a piano wire type wing. So that pretty much eliminates the use of that body. I remember arguing with him about making that body. Besides being ugly the design had no rear body kick-up.

Ken always made his bodies true to scale, making accurate representations of the real racecar. I told him that would hurt his sales because racers wanted bodies that worked and they do not care if they are accurate or not. Remember the old adage; “Win on Sunday. Sell on Monday.” This is never truer than in this hobby/sport. ROAR does not care if the bodies are accurate. Look at the current 1/12th-scale bodies. They look nothing like the 1:1 cars they are modeled after and more and more like winged slot cars. This whole hobby/sport started out as “scale” auto racing. In fact a lot of the club names around the world have the word scale in their name. But I will not get on my soapbox here and waste the space. I will save that for after race bench racing.

I have to get a new printer for my computer. I think I will get an all in one with a color scanner and I can post pictures of Ken’s bodies. All of the molds are still intact except for the Nissan P35. I know we can get him to pull more if there is a demand.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Taz YGPM........
Old 04-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Hey guys, I just got word that my websites domain has officially been registered! The site should go live any day now.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm gonna sell my pan car to get ready for Reedy, but I'll pick one up after my wallet has stabilized again... building a new sedan for the race.

I got the 10L2 with custom milled chassis, Futaba S9650 digital servo, all sorts of spare parts including aluminum motor plate and left bulkhead, spare front end, IRS aluminum pivot balls for front end and T plate, B3 kingpin front end, vcs micro shock. The car isn't built, I've been consumed by sedan so much that I havent worked on it.

Sorry, no body is included because I am going to build another, and gotta keep my scheme

I'm gonna ask $250 for everything, and I'll get some pics up as well.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...671#post828671

Old 04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Regional Moderator

I want be beable to attend the race. But may be I can help out by holding some small races to attract some viewers and promote 1/10 scale pan car racing. If we could just put on a show and exploit their talent and performance everyone will see how cool they are and buy on there selfs. When the demand increase they'll have to start making and saling them again. All you need is demand.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Hey thatd be pretty cool. the exposure will do us all some real good
Old 04-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Thought I'd let you guys know that about half of the room block is already reserved at the hotel. There are a bunch of hotels near the site but the party will be at the Holiday Inn. People must be reserving rooms on their credit cards but waiting for the sign-up deadline to enter the race.

Larry
Old 04-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Regional Moderator

I know a good place to have the races. Making flyers is not a problem. The problem is will the people show up. How far are out of town/state people willing to travel? If they find out about it. Since this is my first pancar I would be glad to help. But with that in mind, how far would you go to attend a race?
Old 04-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by nitrous36
I know a good place to have the races. Making flyers is not a problem. The problem is will the people show up. How far are out of town/state people willing to travel? If they find out about it. Since this is my first pancar I would be glad to help. But with that in mind, how far would you go to attend a race?
To be honest, if the money is there, Id go cross country if for a race if I had to. Again, thats if I got the money for it
Old 04-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Regional Moderator

I want a Porsche 962 body. Hey Taz I know you already have a long list of request for bodys but dop you think you could see about getting some 962s made? If I do host a race do you guys think I can post a flyer on site you are advertising your event from. One way to make it work is not to be as strict on class and regulation so you can bring a bigger variety which will help the class grow. Whats a good substitute for tire sauce?
Old 04-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by nitrous36
Whats a good substitute for tire sauce?
Coppertone 45. Rub it in, let it sit for about 25 mintues and then wipe the greasy residue off with a paper towel.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Hey nitrous, you go ahead and get a satellite race goin where you are at. Im up for anything to help further the Pro10 comeback
Old 04-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Regional Moderator

When you say satelite do you mean live coverage? I might not run in the first race. I might just host it. Can you help me come up with a track design?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.